2 replies to this topic

#1 tobi der koal

tobi der koal

Pickpocket

• Thief
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:40 PM

Hey!

As you could probably tell from the title, I made a little video about a few tricks you should know about disabling traps!

And i thought I'd share it here.

Video:

Feel free to give some feedback :))

Tobi 

#2 Fezzik

Fezzik

Giant

• Elder Watcher
  • 1046 posts
  • Locationbehind the boulder... waiting for the man in black

Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:03 AM

Very nice video.  However I'm sorry to tell you that the fact you lead with is not 100% true, and in fact it's not true for the very first base you show.  The "elephant" as I call it, or base 25, has a drag order which indicates the fly is the default.  But as you can see from your own video, the saw gets disabled first. 

This is also true for the bouncer base with the spinner, fly, homing cannon trapset.  The drag order indicates that the spinner should disable first, but in practice it's actually the homing cannon.

Also for base 33, the platform/saw base that I fondly refer to as the "goomba" since it looks like one of mario's enemies, the drag order for the set with the red guard, cannon, and saw shows the red guard being the first to drag, but the cannon is actually the default disable.

Luckily there are only a handful of these anomalies, and the drag order trick works for the vast majority of the base/trap set combos.

#3 Aluce

Aluce

In Wonderland

• Watcher
  • 994 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Windmills and Tulips

Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:59 AM

Yes, great video. It even shows the much less well known and understood "double DT" technique. :)

I have a database showing the "default" traps for each set and each base. It can be found here. The base numbers marked with red are the ones for which the "drag in edit mode" trick doesn't work (as Fezzik pointed out already).

thief1.png 158,000,000 | Jedi Mind Tricks "Give a man a fire and he is warm for a day. But set fire to him and he will be warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett

eyebit.png Comprehensive Kot Guide (March 1st 2017) | eyebit.png Community Wish List | eyebit.png Base Default Trap Database | uhi2PI8.png?1 @alucen

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tricks, tips, potion, traps, jump, video, how to, gameplay, help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users