#1 Romero

Romero

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:48 PM

Good night everyone,

First of all sorry if there are any post about this cause i didnt know,

I would like to say that i uninstalled the game few days ago although i loved to play it. And why ? Competition not fair.

I started play this game a few month ago(2-3) and i was enjoying the game so much that i ended playing it every day and so often that climbing the ranked ladder was always "easy" since i was always very ahead of the other guys. (Even when they where some levels ahead).

The problem started in the last two ranks the "Totemius League" and the "king of kings league" where i was forced to face guys lvl 300,500,700 and even 800+ while i was only 37. And you guys say "Of course man would you want it to be only lvl 10/20 players?" and no, thats not the point. I mean those guys with the higher lvls if they have it is because they worked for them, but its not fair for the new players. Whats the point playing a game when you know from the begin that you will never win? Whats the fun trying to compete with lvl 800 players when you are as low as i was? Whats the fun competing with guys that in few hours do over 3 or 4 millions points ? Its very hard and frustrating ( for me at least)

All these just made me think, in order to respect those players and at the same time the new ones and making the competition more fair, what do you all think about creating a new "world/Server" where we all(for those who want of course) can start from the ground and make the game/competition more exciting? It is very often to see in other popular games and i think its time for king of thieves do the same.

Would love to know your opinion guys and especially the team of king of thieves.

Sorry for the bad English, its not my main language.

Cheers !  :)  :)  :)  :)

Edited by Romero, 25 April 2017 - 10:51 PM.

#2 Fezzik

Fezzik

Giant

• Elder Watcher
  • 1027 posts
  • Locationbehind the boulder... waiting for the man in black

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:41 AM

It sounds like you are giving way too much value to the leagues.  Leagues are just one little part of the game.  I'm level 367 with over 100M gems and have been playing since right around when the game launched.  While I have won Totemius league a handful of times, I have never even attempted to win King of Kings League.  And 99% of the time when I get to Totemius I demote on purpose, losing or selling gems to make sure I go back down to Invinsius.  Most high level players bounce back and forth from Orbeuseus to Invinsius or Invinsius to Totemius to farm orbs every other round. 

I suggest you set some new goals. One thing I always liked about this game is that the goals you set are unique to you.  For example, maxing your castle, or maxing your throne, or collecting every unique gem in the game (or at least all of them that have been released since you created your account).  Maybe you want to start a guild and try to get it to level 20.  Maybe you want to try to get into the top 3 in the weekly challenges.  Maybe you want to fill your vault with one page of each perfect gem color. 

Incidentally, if you have enough orbs you can easily win Totemius or King of Kings League even at level 30-something.  In fact I think it's probably easier at level 30-something since there are better gems to be found. Once you hit the big pool at level 51 you'll have a harder time finding big gems.

But anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that there is a lot to do in the game aside from leagues.  If you enjoy the game, find some new goals and have fun.

#3 Romero

Romero

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 07:49 AM

cheers mate !

Although I understand 100% sure what you mean I must say that the goal in every game it is to reach the best position, that's why it's fun to play this online games. For me, and i say again, for me it makes no sense your points cause if you want to play like that then let's go play offline games where we can set our goals and play in our way. Online games like this exist to promote competition and a fight for the top ladder places. But that is me :) I think all the points you said are equal to every other game and unique to every player cause everyone one of us plays the game in a different way but all that points you said are with a unique goal - achieve the top.

And as I said I don't want to "destroy" the time you invested in the game and the other high lvl players, I would like a new "world/server" for those who like me play this game to be the best of best and be always at the top.

#4 Skydancer

Skydancer

The Sneaky Italian Nerd

• New Watcher
  • 597 posts
  • LocationThe land of Pizza (without pineapple...)

Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:04 AM

I agree with your point ( at a certain stage, I was close to top1 in Italy and I tried hard for it but gave up eventually). But in KoT, to be at the top of the leaderboards you just need to have the highest gemscore possible. And no matter how skilled a player is, theres no way he can compete with wallet players if they decide they will be the first. Everyone has seen what Kaos did recently, no way in hell a normal player, for how knowledgeable / skilled he can be, can do 50m/ round without mass money spent.

So I kinda agree with Fezzik, I just gave up and I'm trying to focus on my own goal ( I'm trying to collect all the available outfits). It makes the game much more enjoyable than just chasing a top spot I will never be able to reach

Outfit Collection: Wood 17/17 ~ Rock 18/19 ~ Silver 10/18 ~ Gold 11/18
Proud Co-Leader of Gem Retrieval
Find me on Telegram: @SkydancerKot

#5 DanFariasM

DanFariasM

Peekaboo... ;)

• Elder Watcher
  • 2898 posts
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:15 PM

The level of a player is pretty much irrelevant past some point. I've seen lvl 50-60 guys going for king of kings league, and other like me are lvl 220 or so ahd have 30m over 2 years :P I agree competition is... weird... to put a word for it, but that shouldn't stop you from having fun, build great bases, make your own personal goals (mine is to get one of each unique gem, for example), upgrade and get the outfits you like and so on.

#6 Reptilian

Reptilian

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:18 PM

Well, I agree with you in that part. The game actually is very p2w.
Nobody will be the king of thieves (the point of the game) if doesnt spend thousands of dollars in a season.

Thats why i proposed that the people that already reached king of kings, go to another league where they cant demote, and achieve very good rewards. And they keep forever the King of kings throne.

That idea was great, everyone benefits, new players can dream, and veterans would reach even better things.. but i got not so much support.
Shadows Guild - Rocher aka mastermind
Gem count: 2 million
Raider death record: 992

#7 Fezzik

Fezzik

Giant

• Elder Watcher
  • 1027 posts
  • Locationbehind the boulder... waiting for the man in black

Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:45 PM

I must say that the goal in every game it is to reach the best position, that's why it's fun to play this online games. For me, and i say again, for me it makes no sense your points cause if you want to play like that then let's go play offline games where we can set our goals and play in our way. Online games like this exist to promote competition and a fight for the top ladder places.

If your goal is to be #1, then you really want to reach the top of the Top Players leaderboard.  If I were a betting man, I'd bet that's never going to happen for you.  Those guys are WAY ahead.  So if you truly want to reach the top spot in the game I'm afraid you'll be disappointed.  And having a new server isn't going to solve that problem either.

I don't see the issue with competing against other people online in the weekly challenges, or in guild vs guild battles.  It's not offline gaming at all.

#8 memotie

memotie

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 07:51 AM

posted about this before. people insisted that finding big gems are easier around level 27-50 than it is for above that due to inactive level 51+ players. so they told me to just "keep skipping" to compete. no one wanted to be realistic about the fact people will be careful about 100k+ gems around our level. i asked to have two kings of thieves as a solution, one for level 50 and below and one for level 51 and above. the idea got completely rejected by them. sadly, me and you won't reach the top. the game is too unfair for that to happen.

Edited by memotie, 28 April 2017 - 07:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users