• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CobaltThunder

CobaltThunder

Pickpocket

• Thief
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:38 AM

Alright, I know this topic has been suggested before, but all of those threads are over a year old at least, and I didn't want to bump an ancient thread.

The title says it all: The ability for Guild Leaders to appoint Deputies

I have been in both member and leader positions in guilds, and I think that having the option to appoint a deputy would be invaluable. Though it's thankfully been a relatively uncommon experience for myself, there are some players that you just need to show the door---you know which ones I'm talking about.

There is nothing more disappointing to log on, only to see that your guildmates require assistance that only you as the leader can provide, even though there were plenty of people online that could have taken care of the problem already.

I'm sure there are plenty of other reasons that other users have cited in their posts. (I'm a bit too lazy to go and paste some here at the moment, however. So I'll see about adding them in later)

Ideally, Guild leaders would be able to appoint a player as Deputy. They would probably be required to be at an Initiated/Regular ranking within the guild.

They would have the ability to either kick players outright, or if it needed to be more balanced, would simply mute the player in chat until it could be discussed with the leader, who would get final say.

#2 MeestaDawg117

MeestaDawg117

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 10 posts
  • LocationThe state of Denial

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:30 PM

I think it would work better if the leader decided what authority the deputy has when he/she appoints them.

I think thats a pretty cool idea though, it just needs some working out

#3 J Dubble

J Dubble

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Location49th parallel

Posted 29 April 2017 - 02:36 PM

It has been talked about so much i'm surprised zeptolab didn't add it to the last update. I would welcome the concept for sure.

#4 Kingorenzo

Kingorenzo

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationIn my dungeon.

Posted 14 May 2017 - 07:07 PM

Even if it was added, I imagine you would have to trust  A LOT the person to give the power to remove users from the guild, but it's still a good idea

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: guild, deputy, second in command

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users