Photo

Guild Chat Thing (Y'all Know What I Mean, Yes I'm Bringing It Up Again)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pajrc1234

pajrc1234

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 2 posts
  • LocationIn my dungeon, crying over how little gems I have and still pondering why people care about my non-visible personality (stupid <12 chat rule thing which can be easily solved by literally any timekeeping thing) enough to keep me in their guild

Posted 13 May 2017 - 01:43 AM

(by fall out boy)I'm sure every one of you know that KoT doesn't adjust the age if you put it in under 13 and that doesn't allow you to access guild chat at all. I'm bringing it up again for a few reasons:

--It's a lot easier to communicate with the guild with what's needed to be focused on, whether it be raiding other dungeons or upping defense for each and every member (people should always have both, but screw that, it's communication)

--It's much more fun, as you get to talk with your guildmates on whatever the heck you want (unless inappropriate)!

--If I lose another 17k gem (I'm not in like the big leagues n stuff where there's 9102389021839012839012839012k rating gems) then I need to draw as much attention to it as I can--that's what I regretted when I made that mistake last time.

--I can actually tell people their dungeon is easy without doing some kinda weird and confusing code with retrieving their gems or something.

--The fact that I've had it for multiple years without guild chat because I'm "Still 12 years old" is the stupidest thing ever

Some things that I could come up with on changing the stupid thing:

--Allowing the change of age. This will require an email address and a confirmation from said email address to change the thing from 1-12 to 13+.

--Chat filters. For whatever reason that you can't access guild chat below age 13, there's this thing called a chat filter. If this is a smol child, then the chat filter can be on which blocks swears n other inappropriate words that smol childs shouldn't hear.

--A thing where you put in your age and if it's under 12 (not the 1-12 thing, 1, 2, 3, etc.) then it will add 1 every year since your account creation and once it reaches 13 you can access guild chat. Or it can be done with a birthday/birthyear.

I honestly would not want to miss out on telling my guild mates that their dungeon layouts actually suck because of some stupid thing that won't let me tell them anything at all.

Sorry I've to bring this up yet again, but it's really annoying and stupid.

#2 King of Eterity

King of Eterity

King of Eterity

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • LocationEterity

Posted 14 May 2017 - 07:26 PM

I don't think Zeptolab will change this because they are likely trying to comply with COPPA (US law that states that you should not be allowed online under the age of 13 if you don't have parental permission). I don't think they would even allow one to change their age since it could easily allow one to lie once they realise that certain features are being restricted. This is nothing new, it is something that most online games and chatting sites have in common, and for the same reason, and in the case of KOT, they are a bit more lenient about their age restrictions since most online games and sites would want to completely disallow access from those under 13. The only solution is to restart, but then of course you fall victim to the biggest shit in video gaming history (the throne changes) if you have foreseer throne already. If you do have foreseer throne then it is a choice between never having an opportunity to communicate with the guild internally (and therefore probably unable to last in higher up guilds for very long) or having to go through hell to get the foreseer again (which means that if you want to be in the higher ranked guilds, well you probably won't get there anytime soon).

BYE KOT

electriking.png

Please help me with my SMBX Project: Super Mario World at War

#3 Kingorenzo

Kingorenzo

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationIn my dungeon.

Posted 14 May 2017 - 08:41 PM

I don't think Zeptolab will change this because they are likely trying to comply with COPPA (US law that states that you should not be allowed online under the age of 13 if you don't have parental permission). I don't think they would even allow one to change their age since it could easily allow one to lie once they realise that certain features are being restricted. This is nothing new, it is something that most online games and chatting sites have in common, and for the same reason, and in the case of KOT, they are a bit more lenient about their age restrictions since most online games and sites would want to completely disallow access from those under 13. The only solution is to restart, but then of course you fall victim to the biggest shit in video gaming history (the throne changes) if you have foreseer throne already. If you do have foreseer throne then it is a choice between never having an opportunity to communicate with the guild internally (and therefore probably unable to last in higher up guilds for very long) or having to go through hell to get the foreseer again (which means that if you want to be in the higher ranked guilds, well you probably won't get there anytime soon).

King of Eternity is right, this is not in the game for no reason

#4 pajrc1234

pajrc1234

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 2 posts
  • LocationIn my dungeon, crying over how little gems I have and still pondering why people care about my non-visible personality (stupid <12 chat rule thing which can be easily solved by literally any timekeeping thing) enough to keep me in their guild

Posted 15 May 2017 - 12:54 PM

First of all: They could have lied beforehand. That might seem pretty weird, like, what in heck do I know that's going to be restricted, but if children know anything about ages in games it's to restrict access from a feature. Changing their age dishonestly is likely only going to cross the minds of either those that turned 13 after getting the game (which wouldn't be dishonest) or those that have already lied to get chat (which don't care about the change in age, they are already "over 12"). Now if you were somewhat honest like me and under 12, you're pretty much screwed from all the things I listed.

Second of all, what about the email thing? Where people can pretty much get the permission from their parents OR prove that they are over the age of 13?

Or the thing where the age actually changes based on the time, which doesn't allow one to lie even if they do realize that they are being restricted access from certain features? That way people actually have to be over the age of 13 to get the stuff that's for 13 and over.

It's even better if you put 1, 2, 3, etc. instead of 1-12 because putting a line between 1-12 and 13 makes it pretty obvious that there's something very different based on which age group you are in, which incentivizes the lying in the first place from above.

King of Eternity is right, this is not in the game for no reason

Of course, I know that, but can't that reason be nullified if this person is actually over/equal to the age of 13 using the things stated above?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users