4 replies to this topic

#1 Aluce

Aluce

In Wonderland

• Watcher
  • 1000 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Windmills and Tulips

Posted 13 May 2017 - 08:55 PM

The five Old Kings of Thieves, RoopaMissyLady PainsworthAuric and Emperor Filon, decided to start raiding. Each of them entered a different league of players. Each King stole one gem. Each gem had a different colour. Each King used a different potion (gang, slowmo, ghost, disable trap or double gold) to steal their gem. Each King finished their league in a different position (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th). Each gem was also of a different tier (mine, small spiked, deep spiked, baby gold, deep gold).

After league is over, Geffi comes over and wonders about which King stole which gem colour, value, where they finished and with which potion. The Kings decide to only give Geffi some vague clues...

Roopa: "I can tell you a few things: I did not use a Gang of Thieves potion. I also didn't use a Slowmotion potion, because Emperor Filon did that. No, I used a better potion. Therefore, the position I finished at in my league was higher than the King who stole a purple gem. I also finished higher than the one who stole a small spiked gem (this is a different King as the one with the purple gem)!"

Missy: "I did not steal the deep golden gem. But the King who did, still did not manage to finish first in their league. Crazy, right? Auric and Emperor Filon stole the deep spike and baby golden gems, but I don't know who stole which."

Lady Painsworth: "Roopa stole a gem that was higher in value than the one I stole. Despite that, I finished my league in a higher position than he did. Also, the thief who placed fourth in their league (maybe it was me!) surely did not use Gang of Thieves or Double Gold potions."

Auric: "The thief who stole a red gem was the same King as the one who finished fourth in their league. The thief who stole a deep spike gem came in first or in third place in their league."

Emperor Filon: "Exactly two of the following statements are true:

1) The one who stole the yellow gem finished in second or in fourth place in their league.

2) The one who placed fifth in their league used either Slowmotion or Disable Trap as their potion.

3) Auric did not finish in first or in fifth place in his league, but he did use Gang of Thieves potion.

4) The small spiked gem that was stolen was either green, or stolen using the Ghost potion, but not both."

Lord Rastin decided to chip in a few hints as well, perhaps out of sympathy for the poor purple phantom.

Lord Rastin: "Nobody who stole a golden gem (baby or deep) used a Double Gold potion. Furthermore, the green gem was stolen by the King who finished one place higher than the King who used the Ghost potion. Lastly, the thief who used Disable Trap potion got wrong pick and only stole a mine gem. This unlucky King, however, still managed to get to first or second place in their league!"

Now the question is: which potion was used by which King to steal which gem of which colour and which tier, and which league position was accomplished for each?

Edited by Aluce, 13 May 2017 - 09:01 PM.

thief1.png 181,000,000 | Jedi Mind Tricks "Give a man a fire and he is warm for a day. But set fire to him and he will be warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett

eyebit.png Comprehensive Kot Guide (March 1st 2017) | eyebit.png Community Wish List | eyebit.png Base Default Trap Database | uhi2PI8.png?1 @alucen

#2 Psycho17

Psycho17

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 14 May 2017 - 12:10 AM

Ohhhh! I love these. If I have the time to chart it all out, I got this
VpYPVAq.png

#3 Somark

Somark

Thievery Practitioner

• Watcher
  • 104 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 12:36 AM

I appreciate the effort you put into this Alucen, I really enjoyed solving it. Adding some true/false statements was a really nice touch as well. :)
And the answer:

Spoiler

Edited by Somark, 14 May 2017 - 12:37 AM.

#4 Psycho17

Psycho17

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 14 May 2017 - 07:55 PM

Thanks for using spoiler. I haven't started yet and it may be tomorrow before I get around to it
VpYPVAq.png

#5 Kupoftea

Kupoftea

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the southern hemisphere :/

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:25 PM

Well this ended quickly..
Dn6xE3h.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic