• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 johnthegamer

johnthegamer

Pickpocket

• Thief
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 03:37 AM

Hey, I was just gonna say something I found out that really amazed me.  You're not supposed to do it with your brain, you have to feel it. Sometimes... if you take a trap and you just look at it (don't press any buttons just watch)... you start to feel the momentum of the object as it goes back and forth.  The thing that was amazing to me is, once you start to just feel where the traps are the rest of your subconscious can eventually make it so you can almost see the solution before it even happens instantly or that you can FEEL the exact time to jump (on purpose, not just jumping in over and over until you die).

The singleplayer missions are pretty good for this.  You want to be nice to your body so that it's a good feeling you're doing in your fingers.  Not stressed, not frustrated... all flow.  And you just do some of the singleplayer that you're comfortable with and you just feel that confidence in your fingers.  Look at a level with a couple cannons or two or three red floaters just going back and forth... back and forth... this is to develop timing in you head that you can't just CHOOSE to do with CONTROL.  It can just happen.

I was gonna post this in the beginner's area forum but looks like that's all blocked off.  It isn't that you can't get good anyway with just brute force frustrating yourself by just plowing through over and over... it's that you can get good simply by working with yourself.  Give yourself the chance to get good!!!

Then you can just chill... n' flow.

The key is to give it time where you do nothing at all...

#2 JimmyJack

JimmyJack

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 03:15 AM

And it works even better if you got a perfect buzz going. It's just like shooting pool.

You have to begin playing with a desire then you gotta feel that groove

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: beginner, jumps, practice, singleplayer, non-frustrating, very easy, chill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users