Photo

Collective suggestions: (Constantly Updating)

Suggestions ideas shaping up KoT collective suggestions

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Ñãgì.

Ñãgì.

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationNew York City.

Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:48 AM

Tool-Tip: (Before intro) To navigate yourself through this post, please do the following command (CTRL+F) to prompt a Find menu, you can type: "Edit Note" in the find search engine to navigate yourself to the Edit note where it'll show you a list of edits of new posts/categories to check/find new information that has been posted, it'll always include the day and what has been added, then you can use the search engine to find those topics. Hope this helps.

Introduction:

Hello, fellow thieves!

My name is Ñãgì, and I would like to provide some feedback about shaping up King of Thieves as a whole. My research is limited and as much as i would like to research everything I can't sit here all day and browse through hundreds of posts on which ideas have been posted or if anything I mention is a repeat. Does NOT mean I won't look or link certain threads.

I am prone to making mistakes, and I only ask staff members/watchers to respect my thread and not remove/edit anything without my knowledge as I am willing to put a lot of effort in this post through out the future.

With that being said, this is simply my own personal thoughts on the game and the little things that can make the game more enjoyable for everyone and I encourage people to be philosophical, respectful and follow all the king of thieve Terms Of services, please do not name call anyone, harass or shun people out, respect all equally and refrain from profane Lagrange usage. let's have an actual debatable conversation among peers. I am not very smart nor will I promise my ideas will be comprehensible. However, I will try my best, do a lot of research and listen to everyone of you. As well as follow the staff members and respect their wishes. I hope my poor grammar will be tolerate-able here, my apologize in advance.

I'm a fairly new player that has been playing on and off for a while now. I've made my account long ago, but wasn't fully invested due to the many issues that the game has. However, now I am more interested than ever and would like to voice my ideas and opinion. I'm sure other people have talked about these issues that I'm going to bring up, and if there is a thread for it feel free to link me with a reply and I'll edit my suggestion with appropriate link to each of the problem.

I can't sit here and browse through all day to find old topics, I tried but mostly it confused me more due to my time limitation, and I figured  it's good to bring up new perspective and fresh mind thinking to revisit some old issues: as well as collectively collect thread link to each of these issues if they have been mentioned to make it easier for other players to search for all the issue in one thread while having corresponding links next to each issue.

This is my only day off in a very long time and I'm willing to put my effort on here in hopes to be heard. So if I make mistakes I urge the staff members and watchers to read my following warning.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WARNING TO WATCHERS AND STAFF:

Warning/exception:

If any staff member or watcher feel that some of my suggestions are unnecessary or have been mentioned before and even in a better way feel free to private message me with which comment/idea is unnecessary or if the problem has been mentioned before in such detail feel free to send me the thread link and I will edit this post to include these links for the viewers of this post  to take them to the official thread of the corespondent problem I mentioned/suggested here to take them to the appropriate thread and continue the conversation there. I am not here to offend anyone, not the members, watchers or the staff.

Thank you.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Priorities:
I think setting goals for priorities would be efficient as well as include pros and cons.

Let's start with high priority issues and work our way down to low priority . 

High priority:

LoginOffset: (My suggestion)

The 6 hour time limit that leads into the three hour temporary restrictions.

While I understand the need for this method is to stop auto-clickers from avoiding raids, and perhaps their system can't detect certain repetitive clicks over actual active players but perhaps there is a solution:

My thought on this would be, instead of kicking a player for three hours, why not implement a reverse shield, most of us know that a shield prevents a player from raiding you after being raided. Well, what do I mean by reverse? Well, after being on for consecutive 6 hours, introduce something that allows you to be vulnerable for three hours while being "online." And be able to continue playing/raiding and leading your guild to victory.

Most leaders tend to check messages very often, test dungeons and making sure everything runs smoothly, and I think people would prefer to be raided for three hours than not being able to login at all for three hours. This way they can retrieve their gem and continue with their ritual, of course this literally mean for three hours, so if you are raided you will NOT receive a shield.

There are also retired players that are questioning where they should allocate their time and money, if they can not play the game when they're bored or feel free to. This restriction has displeased a lot of people and should be revisited.

Pros:
•Players get to login and enjoy the game.
•Guild leaders will be able to stay on top of things and making sure their guild is healthy and active.
•Subscribed as well as orb players that tend to have a lot of keys/free time to play get to enjoy taking advantage of the berserk upgrade.

Cons:
• Abusers might find a way to abuse this.
• Developers might have a hard time implementing this due to programming methods/language that king of thieves run on.

Con/Pro:
 Defeats the purpose of not being raided while online but the price to pay for it is worth it compare to a complete lock-down. Also players should be warned as well as having an icon similar to the shield icon with a timer on it letting them know when their time is active and that they can be raided.

IOS to Android transfer. (Has been answered by ASHMAN:) *Very well known issue, hard to give credibility to authors*

At the moment there is no possible way. Should be re-thinked and re-visited by developers. 

Official Thread/ASHMAN response in spoiler:

Special shop sale:

When there is a shop sale that gives you X amount of gems, I do not think it is appropriate for the competitive integrity of the game for the gem to count toward your guild/league battle. 

Pros:

• Keeps the competitive integrity of the game healthy.

Cons:

People would be upset for spending money and not gaining their advantages. (Which would cause some players to spend-less on the game.)

Medium priority:

Guild test dungeon: (My suggestion)

To encourage people to test each others dungeon, i think rewarding them with gems, tears or some sort of reward for testing the dungeon would be ideal. This idea has a lot of flaws will be mentioned in the pros/cons.

The idea is if you test a dungeon then finish it within first try, there should be a reward of 20 Orbs (FLAWLESS), 2nd try would reward them with 50 Tears, 3rd try 1-5k Gems of random colour. To prevent abuse of people making easy bases to farm them, perhaps this can be limited to once a week, or month event or at the start of each season guild battle.

Pros: 

• Encourage members to test dungeons more often and provide feedback.

Cons:

• High chance of abuse if it's not well thought out.

Guild-Gem retrieve: 

If a member retrieves a gem with 3 stars and lands on perfect spin, they should be rewarded with half of the retrieved gem, so basically a gamble within a gamble.

Pros:

Encourage people to actually try extra hard to retrieve gems, and rewards them for their time.

Cons:

I am not sure if this can be abused since the chances are extremely low in the 1% but there is always a risk.

(Author's idea: 
 Lelu)

I am not very good with in-game mechanic issues but here are some threads that are very helpful and interesting: Would love to hear some feedback from the community with ideas, thread links and more.

Official Thread in spoiler:

Spoiler

Started by Lelu

http://forum.kingoft...ieves-problems/

Time-Zone issues: (Author's idea:  ZeCube.)

Perhaps find a middle ground to be reasonable.

Pros:

Would be healthy for the community.

Cons:

Can't please everyone.

Spoiler

Gem defense:

For a more strategic game play, it would be interesting to see your spin chances or enemies gem defense before spending keys and not after, this would allow for more creative plays and skips by players.

Pros:
• Players would know their chances before wasting keys.
• F2p players would get to have an advantage for once and spend their keys wisely.

Cons:
• People whom wants to get raided won't get raided as often and won't be able to achieve as many skull counts as they use to.

Guild Battles Search Queue:

It seems like the search engine for guild-battles is a bit unfair for low guilds that are starting out and trying to climb/win. It seems like Guilds sometimes get matched against guilds from other divisions and even tiers. I think this should be revisited and allow 1-2 division differential and no tier differential. what do I mean by tier? tier is basically the arena you are in Key-Glove-Mask-Crown.
Divisions are pretty much The number next to your Arena Tier. Example Key Arena 1 shouldn't face off against a guild that is in Mask Arena 1. it should be between Key Arena 1-3 or even 4. It shouldn't go up in tiers.

Pros:
• Makes the game more competitive.
• Doesn't crush the hopes of upcoming new guilds.
• 
Motivates players to compete.

Cons:
• I don't see any cons from implementing such an idea, but i see cons for not fixing the issues such as:
• Players lose hope, become less interested and won't even bother competing or playing when an enemy guild is already in the millions in the first 3hs.

Guild Members Ranking/Management:

It would be ideal to having a ranking system within the guild, that allows officers to invite, kick and change requirement within the guild.

Something similar to the following:

• Guild Master
• Senior Officer (Basically Co-GM)
• Officer (Officer but with little power, only helps with administrative duties)
• Raider (A core raider)
• Member (A new recruit that has good potential and is still earning their core spot.)
• New Recruit (A new applicant that is working on earning member rank) 

Pros:

• It helps guild members take on roles when leaders are inactive due to their own reasons.

Cons:

• Not really a con, but certain guilds giving out ranks inappropriately can end up being trolled by members that were given powerful ranks and end up losing members, so they should give power to their trusted members. Once again not a con but eventually it'll be a complain.

I don't really see a lot of cons.

Low priority:

Revisiting guild seasonal skins/discontinued skins.

The Fifa World Cup skins, I'd recommend this should be revisited every four years. (Not sure if this is already will happen or if they're discontinued, please inform me in the reply comment as I couldn't find anything regarding this.)

Pros: 
• New players/guild members will have a chance to unlock a skin from previous seasonal battle as well as discontinued skins.

Cons:

• Veteran players as well as players that earned these skins will be displeased that other players can require these skins.

Shoutbox VS Private messaging system:

Many of us would love to talk to these amazing top players and perhaps get some advice and knowledge from them.

As for private messaging this wild enhance the ability to recruit for your guild.

Shout box Pros:

• Being able to talk to the best of the best.

Shout box cons:

• This could cause a lot of lag in the server or game.

• People would advertise things that are against the rules, whether it is bug exploits, some sort of hack or advertising accounts for sale.

• Developers might have a hard time implementing this due to programming methods/language that king of thieves run on.

Private messaging pros:

• Would allow leaders to reach out to players that are looking for guilds, while I understand there is a forum for that, the data base of the players in-game compare to the forum activity is no where near leveled. There are thousand of new players looking for a good home and aren't using the forums to their advantage. The views on the forums are merely in the two to three digits compare to the active players online in game.

Private messaging cons:

• People might abuse this system to poach players into joining their guilds.

New Gem Colors: (Author's idea: 
 SGBTheMLG0609.)

This thread suggested a thread color which is very interesting but my personal opinion this is low priority but I do like the staff members replies with the "mystery potions" et cetera.

Pros:

• Extra new items to look forward to.
• A new scene/competitive drive for top players to reach max gem of that new colour. 

Cons:

• Could cause in-game bugs.
• Has a potential to make things a bit harder for new players to acquire. 

When selling gems that auto-sells: (Author's idea: Reptilian.)

I think this is also a low priority but would be interesting as well, it does get tiring and dull being teleported:

Pros: 

• Would save time and be less frustrating.

Cons:

• Could create potential bugs and/or people claiming they never received their gems/gold.

Spoiler

Wining the Gem you retrieve: (Author's idea: Coolio Cat)

This could be helpful for new players without a guild.

Pros: 

• Helpful to new players or low level guilds.

Cons: 

• Can be abused.

Amazing mini-game idea! (Author's idea: Gian.)

Pros:

Amazing and a fun way to collbrate and play with friends, guild members family and loved ones!

Might bring old players back.

Cons:

Instability within the server, lag, dis-connectivity, bug issues.

Might upset some people.

Daily quest: 

Now with the introduction of vial fusing I think removing the idea of gold reward and replacing it with an extra chance to open one of those Shady Joe's chest would be interesting or anything that's helpful over Gold as the priority on gold isn't something that's on high demand as a reward for a daily quest.

Tutorial Skip:

It would be interesting to see a button to skip tutorial for veteran players that would like to make multiple accounts.

Pros:

• Saves a lot of time and hassle for players that would like to make new accounts, or restore progress to fix some issues such as notifications, Et cetera.

Cons:

• Players might abuse this method to create false accounts to retrieve their gems/friends gems in-case their Guild-mate/friends fail.

Concerns: 

Game event steal X amount of X color Gem:

There should be a balance in this types of events as certain level caps have advantages; this is more of a concern rather than a suggestion and don't have a proper suggestion for it.

For example, level 31-40:

The early level 31s would face off against people with low gem defense while the high ends face off people with near max gem defense and stealing a certain gem because that much more difficult compare to other levels. So the event becomes based on luck, level and opportunities of the right opponents rather than actual competitive event.

Same thing applies with twinkle little star event: lower level face off against people with low level trap and complete the dungeon with an avg of 2 stars while the higher end players end up against people with level 36+ traps that one shot them to 1 star. 

Over all it isn't a big deal, but I don't feel that there is any competitive nature in these events sometimes.

Mostly king of kings players win these events.

Ritual bonus:

I noticed when you're getting to your 999,999 Gem ritual your ritual bonus doesn't add anymore.

I was creating my first 999,999 gem and I did some research of what is the max gem you can have and it seems like you can go past 1 million. however, ritual bonus doesn't go over 999,999 until you do another regular ritual to go past one million.

For example;
I was at 998,837.
My ritual bonus was stuck at 1,162 and no matter how many bonuses I get it doesn't go past it.

And not knowing this information cost me 200 orbs to gain ritual bonus only to find out my 100k ritual bonus didn't apply.

So I came across high level gems and spent orbs on respin to gain the ritual bonus only to find out that my gain wasn't applied due to the gem being maxed level.
And once it's maxed at 999,999 then you have to do a ritual to unlock the one million.

I think that should be mentioned somewhere within the game or a warning to not mislead players into going for those ritual bonuses near high level gems and end up wasting orbs.

However, once you create your first special one million gem then ritual bonus work as intended but the previous lost bonus won't be applied.

Flawless keys not rewarded back from ADS:

*You should be able to get the keys you gained from watching the ad if you do the dungeon flawlessly, they should count as well, and be given back. Since you've pretty much in a way paid for them by watching the AD to support the developers. They should stack with the rest of the keys and be refunded during a flawless raid.

Vanished Keys upon leveling:
Keys should stack upon leveling similar to how when you obtain extra keys from the maze.

Wasted Keys on locks:
* Keys should be refunded on dungeons that you are trying to unlock and end up being unable to raid the player due to the player going online (resulting in you losing keys.)

Daily quest:

*Everyone has a bad day, quest should stack up to 1 extra day in case someone misses their quest or had a hard time completing it, happens more often than you think. Many situations where players are left with 1/3 or 2/3 tooth key.

Maze:
*It is extremely difficult to get tears for new players, there should be some sort of 30 days automatic boost for new players to get double tears from maze or remove the loss of 5 tears per star to help people. Most new/lower level players were unfortunate during the seasons where rewards were 2,500+ orbs/tears.

Disconnect/6h-Log-out during Maze:

*You should be refunded the keys if there is some sort of disconnect and to prevent any abuse of bad runs of people closing the application, you should be returned to the dungeon with 0 Health, because anything is better than nothing due to a time-out of 6h log, or disconnect. and speaking from experience the 6h log out happens to me a lot during my day off, and it has happened twice during a maze run unfortunately.

Time-limit reach notification: 

*There should be some sort of notification to let you know when you're 6h logout will be for example "in 15mins you'll be forced to log-off for 3hs." et cetera, to make sure we finish rituals, not do our maze in a bad situation et cetera. Sometimes I take 2hs break, but since they're not 3hs, the timer never resets and im forced off for three hours.

Unable to move or change traps:

It would be amazing if we are allowed to stop an upgrade similar to stopping a ritual. There has been many situations where you aren't allowed to change traps even if the trap you are upgrading is included in the change, but you want to change a different one. Also moving into a new dungeon, many people have mentioned how you are unable to claim your shady joe vial unless you move to a new dungeon, and you are not allowed to while a trap is upgrading, it is quite frustrating to lose ritual progress/Shady joe vials due to not being able to start one by not being able to move unless you use orbs. I know shady joe isn't here forever, but some would rather stop an upgrade than use orbs. Just a concern overall, not needed for change but it is frustrating. 

Trival:

New designs for higher level traps:

It's hard to give credit for this idea because there are many who have thought of it, i did a little bit of google search and found some interesting images that can inspire new design/ideas to motivate people to upgrade their traps to a higher level. The image link will be in the spoiler down below. ( I am not the creator of this image below nor do I know who made it to give proper credit to.)
Spoiler

Decorative skins:
 • It would be interesting to have decorative skins for traps, bases, chest and much more in your dungeon. It would be amazing to see how creative the community will be with designing their base with fancy decorative objects, skins and much more, it could indicate their spirit, or it could be a theme and can be used during holidays. Like fancy trees around the dungeon with candy Cains hanging from the ceiling during Christmas, or an egg shaped chest during Easter or anything really to fancy your dungeon and add custom skins for traps that people can equip/purchase based on level and perhaps motivate some to go for level 46 traps.

Even re-coloring your character skin would be nice, or adding a beard to it, or hairstyle, texture tone would be fun to mess with and it'll help people appreciate the few skins they have not everyone is lucky enough to get the ones they like, perhaps they can change up their Apple I Device skin, turn him Gold like their phone color or give him a mustache or make other gender players feel more connected with their layout/skin/character and much more. ( I know my niece would love to have her I Device skin be purple, i personally love it the way it is.) Just an idea that can be evolved and tuned out with creative thinking.

EDIT NOTE:7/5/2017:
 • Added in Medium priority Guild Gem retrieval, and Guild test Dungeon reward.

EDIT NOTE: 7/7/2017:
 • Added in High Priority: Special Gem Sale.

• Added in Medium priority: Gem Defense.

• Added to low priority: Daily Quest. 

• Added new category: "Concerns."

• Added to Concerns: Game event steal x amount of x gems, ritual bonus.

EDIT NOTE: 7/17/17:

*Added New category: Trivial.

*Added in Trivial: New designs for higher level traps.

*Added in Medium Priority: Guild Battles Search Queue. 

*Added in Low Priority: Tutorial Skip.
*Added tool-tip at the top of the page for navigation.

*EDIT NOTE: 7/25/17: (Mostly F2P extreme needed improvement/and personal experience)

Added to concerns: Flawless missing keys from ADS.
Added to concerns: Daily quest:
Added to concerns: Maze:
Added to concerns: Vanished Keys upon leveling.
Added to concerns: Wasted Keys on locks.
•Added to concerns: Disconnect/6h-Log-out during Maze:

•Added to concerns: Time-limit reach notification: 

EDIT NOTE: 7/27/17

*Added new category: Miscellaneous 

*Added to decorative skins to Miscellaneous.

EDIT NOTE: 8/2/17

*Added to Medium priority: Guild members Ranking/Management.
EDIT NOTE: 8/4/17

*Added to concerns: Unable to move or change traps.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and all I ask of you is to be respectful, encouraging and let's have a debate among peers in a respectful matter and work together to shape up KoT. Please respect my effort and time that I am sacrificing for this post. I am not perfect in anyway, and i am more than willing to work with all of you as well as follow the staff wishes/rules.

I will be editing this as I go, i will try my best to learn and evolve. Thank you so much for your time and support.
Let's work together as fellow thieves! Let's show them that there is honor among us. (:

___________________________________________________________________________________

Edited by Ñãgì., 04 August 2017 - 08:14 AM.

#2 Oliver666666

Oliver666666

King Oliver

• Watcher
  • 2143 posts
  • LocationObserving Zombie Penguin HQ

Posted 06 July 2017 - 09:12 AM

I hate to be the one to break it to you, especially when I see the effort you must have put into this, but we kind of already have the Community Wishlist for this purpose. Regardless of where the posting is done, it would be great to have some help keeping the idea database up-to-date, and I would be glad to hear any feedback you have that could improve the thread for everyone.  

#3 Ñãgì.

Ñãgì.

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationNew York City.

Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:56 PM

I hate to be the one to break it to you, especially when I see the effort you must have put into this, but we kind of already have the Community Wishlist for this purpose. Regardless of where the posting is done, it would be great to have some help keeping the idea database up-to-date, and I would be glad to hear any feedback you have that could improve the thread for everyone.  

I looked at the wishlist before hand, and it's completely different from what I'm trying to do. This is mostly for ideas that are presented with pros/cons, and bring awareness to new ideas rather than what's going on in the wishlist. If you would like me to take it down, or help in any other way, i'd be happy to cooperate. 

#4 Oliver666666

Oliver666666

King Oliver

• Watcher
  • 2143 posts
  • LocationObserving Zombie Penguin HQ

Posted 07 July 2017 - 09:39 AM

Thank you for clarifying that your intentions here differ from that thread. The first thing I wanted to rule out is that two threads dont serve the same purpose, and as thats not the case, I dont see any issues here. 

Also I want to note that my last post should have been in a form of a question, and that question was exactly what you answered :)

#5 Ñãgì.

Ñãgì.

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationNew York City.

Posted 07 July 2017 - 11:21 PM

Thank you for clarifying that your intentions here differ from that thread. The first thing I wanted to rule out is that two threads dont serve the same purpose, and as thats not the case, I dont see any issues here. 

Also I want to note that my last post should have been in a form of a question, and that question was exactly what you answered :)

No problem! and if you have the time to provide feedback on some of these, it would be appreciated. I am adding more stuff every now and then (Will mention in the EDITNOTE Section), and can take some advice from an expert like you. Feel free to check every now and then as I will add more to the EDIT NOTE with new concerns/suggestions. Could use a great mind like you to add notes to pros/cons and if I should move things from different priorities et cetera.

Edited by Ñãgì., 07 July 2017 - 11:30 PM.

#6 Ñãgì.

Ñãgì.

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationNew York City.

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:42 PM

EDIT NOTE: 7/17/17:

*Added New category: Trivial.

*Added in Trivial: New designs for higher level traps.

*Added in Medium Priority: Guild Battles Search Queue. 

*Added in Low Priority: Tutorial Skip.
*Added tool-tip at the top of the page for navigation.

#7 Ñãgì.

Ñãgì.

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationNew York City.

Posted 25 July 2017 - 11:29 PM

*EDIT NOTE: 7/25/17: (Mostly F2P extreme needed improvement/and personal experience)

Added to concerns: Flawless missing keys from ADS.
Added to concerns: Daily quest:
Added to concerns: Maze:
Added to concerns: Vanished Keys upon leveling.
Added to concerns: Wasted Keys on locks.
•Added to concerns: Disconnect/6h-Log-out during Maze:

•Added to concerns: Time-limit reach notification: 

Edited by Ñãgì., 25 July 2017 - 11:30 PM.

#8 Ñãgì.

Ñãgì.

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationNew York City.

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:54 PM

EDIT NOTE: 7/27/17

*Added new category: Miscellaneous 

*Added to decorative skins to Miscellaneous.

#9 Ñãgì.

Ñãgì.

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationNew York City.

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:51 AM

EDIT NOTE: 8/2/17

*Added to Medium priority: Guild members Ranking/Management.

#10 Ñãgì.

Ñãgì.

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationNew York City.

Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:14 AM

EDIT NOTE: 8/4/17

* Added to concerns: Unable to move or change traps.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Suggestions, ideas, shaping up KoT, collective suggestions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users