#1 Khassandr

Khassandr

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 12:23 AM

Hello.

I managed to beat that a couple of times, but never twice in a row. I don't really understand how to pass the the blue spinner.
Could you help me understand the trick ?
Thank you very much,
Khassandr

mini_365231Screenshot20170829013820.png

Edited by Khassandr, 29 August 2017 - 12:27 AM.

#2 Anderson Haku

Anderson Haku

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationPerĂº

Posted 29 August 2017 - 02:25 AM

Hello, a very good day, because the blue roulette has its qualities depending on its turns. In this video that is similar, you can observe that jump with much appreciation. Thank you, have a nice day.

#3 Fezzik

Fezzik

Giant

• Elder Watcher
  • 1046 posts
  • Locationbehind the boulder... waiting for the man in black

Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:35 AM

Due to the way the game delays taps that happen before you make contact with a floor or wall, there are multiple tapping patterns that work for this jump.  But the way I beat the blue guard in this and similar layouts is with 3 equally spaced taps in a row.  In musical terms, it's a triplet.  Think of the word "bumblebee" and tap the syllables.  bum - ble - bee  With a little practice you'll hit it more often than you'll miss it.

#4 Khassandr

Khassandr

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 08:36 PM

Thank you you two for your answers.

I practiced a bit and even if this is a nightmare to save, I guess I'll be able to (I'll let you know...).
I managed to beat it a couuple of dozens of time but unfortunately never twice in a row.

Do you believe this base hard enough ? I'd say it's the hardest layout possible for this base, alongside one with an in-line saw jump.

#5 Jertain

Jertain

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 10:29 PM

For that jump, I just tap when your character's right side aligns with the middle of the door's light brown outline and tap when I touch the wall. Idk what else to say tho,  I haven't played against that setup.

#6 Khassandr

Khassandr

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:30 AM

Thank you guys !
I saved that today. For the moment, only one player (out of a dozen) managed to beat it (64 deaths/3 potions), so I'd say it's a pretty nice layout.

In case someone would want to use it :
The pros :

- Blue spinner spawn trap highly efficient

- If disabled, the fly/cannon combo forces the player to follow the same pattern anyway.
- Once you've made your way out of the pit, you must jump in the middle one to avoid the spinner, thus the fly is a problem on your way up.

- Potions are mainly useless if you can't beat it anyway.

The cons :

- After 7 deaths PLUS a disabling trap potion, it's easy (but, most dunjons are...)
- The hardest to save I've ever saved.

How to :

As aforementionned, the spinner is tricky. You have to practice A LOT to understand how to pass it. For me, I think I wait slighly longer between the two first taps than between the second and the third. Hard to explain as it's super fast, but I'd say that. The idea is to jump from quite a low location on the right wall so can bounce under the spinner.
Then you slide down on the left wall to do a perfect corner jump to the right.
You climb all your way up, pausing for a micro sec each time before jumping again (the most important one is when you reach again the left wall), so you pass underneath the spinner once again and land on the cannon just before it fires.
You have then to pass the corner, so you must slide a micro sec on the right wall after having bounced on the ceiling before jumping again to the column, that way you will be able to jump nicely above the spinner.
You thus jump in the middle pit, and if your timing is correct, you should land on the left wall around one or two squares above the floor which allows you to jump staightaway your way out of the pit and reach the chest.

Brace yourself, it's hard, but the lay out works for several bases.

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users