Photo

Interview with Daniel Farias (DanFariasM)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 DanFariasM

DanFariasM

Peekaboo... ;)

• Elder Watcher
  • 2948 posts
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 28 September 2017 - 03:56 PM

March 15th, 2017

Today I will continue my series of interviews of our watchers. I would like to welcome Daniel Farias (Danfariasm) who is also a long time player and Elder Watcher.

Dan, thank you for taking the time to answer some questions for us.

Andrea: Where are you from?
Dan: I’m from Maracaibo, Venezuela  Really lovely place and amazing people.

Andrea: When you’re not playing King of Thieves, what do you do for a living?
Dan: I work as a mechanic engineer in the services and maintenance department of a marine transport company. Boats use diesel engines and I’m in charge everything goes smoothly.

Andrea: How old are you Dan?
Dan: I’m 28, although I’m sure I might seem older at times, specially scolding people on the forums hahaha.

Andrea: You are an Elder Watcher, since when have you been a watcher?
Dan: I was invited to join the team on July 20th, 2015 as a new watcher (Actually called “Lesser watcher” by then), I was promoted to regular watcher about a month after, and to Elder like 3 or 4 months after that.

Andrea: What do you like best about being a watcher?
Dan: I really love this game, so I really look forward to others having the same great experience I’ve had so far. Also, since I really can’t make online purchases because of my country’s situation, this is the best way I have to show my gratitude towards Zepto for making this awesome game. Now regarding watcher “perks”, we used to know about updates a couple days before, due to some leaks in the past that’s no longer the case, but we still get some vague clues about it and that’s enough to get the hype going haha. It’s still awesome to get to know the Zepto guys (Cherv and Stiv) a bit more as well as the rest of the watcher team, they are really great .

Andrea: Would you tell us what level you are and what your average delta is?
Dan: I’m level 222 (lame jackpot haha) and I average about 100k or so, not really the most patient nor luckier, also depends on how the guild is going, I could push for more but it’s usually not needed so I just go with the flow of the battle.

Andrea: You have been playing for a long time, when did you start playing King of Thieves?
Dan: I joined the forums on February 14th (And we fell deeply in love) and my oldest screenshot found is from a day after, but I do remember signing in to the forums a day or so after downloading the game so if it wasn’t the global launch day, it was just hours after.

Andrea: Which guild have you been in since playing KoT, and what guild do you belong to at the moment?
Dan: As soon as I was able to create I guild, I made one with a bunch of real life friends and kept it for a reeeeally long time. During the course of the game my friends left, suddenly I was with a lot of strangers and while it still was fun, it wasn’t the same feeling so I decided to get the friendship feeling going again and joined Yes I stole IT where people I got to know along the KoT ride played, particularly Fezzik (No longer there though).

Andrea: Some players spend hours playing KoT every day, how about you?
Dan: I’d say I play about an hour or so a day, except when making a new base thinking of ways to make people suffer and wonder what the hell is going on haha.

Andrea: What tip would you give other players?
Dan: Prepare yourself for the free for all zone, make rituals to get ingredients, upgrade traps, get a good guild with players you can ask for advice, be creative and make your own designs, it works better a mid difficulty layout that people have never seen than a hard layout that you see every ten skips, and finally but probably most important, enjoy the game, be nice and don’t cheat!

Andrea: What do you think was your best experience in the game:
Dan: For me, it’s not about THE best experience but those small moments that make this game great, finding that golden, winning a really close battle, creating that killer layout out of nowhere and actually saving it haha, seeing that feature you always wanted to be present on the update notes. If I had to choose only one, I’d say the Christmas update and getting every UG in it.

Andrea: Do you regret anything about the game?
Dan: Spinning more than I should but, don’t we all? ;)

Andrea: Are there any players in the game that have inspired you, or you would consider to be „the greatest players „ of KoT?
Dan: I don’t see a particular player to be the “best” player but certainly several have inspired me and I admire them in many ways. As a couple examples, I admire Michael’s dedication, Alexis’ bases, Yuhan’s skill, Chervey’s patience and how can I forget, Bob’s trolls haha just to name a few, since it could take me a really big wall of text to name them all. I also really admire the rest of the watcher team, they are all really smart and have incredible knowledge about the game.

Andrea: Is there anything you would like to see changed in the game?
Dan: I’d like to see a rework in retrieve chances (making them dependant on how you lost it for example), totemius rewards fixed, the ability to flip or mirror layouts, rewards for big rituals, matchmaking or seasons in general, the way and size fake gems are generated, among many other things.

Andrea: If his majesty would grant you one wish, what would it be?
Dan: Bring super jumps back!!!

Andrea: How would you describe KoT to a stranger?
Dan: Something to run away from while you can? Haha jk jk, I’d describe it as a perfect blend of a great platform game with the thrill, and rivalry of any PvP game in which your creativity is really rewarded with seeing people failing miserably with your marvelous creations. Mwahaha

Andrea: We all have our favorite thief/costume, which is yours and why?
Dan: Mine is of course The King’s Watcher, not only because it’s really awesome but for what it represents. (And maybe because we wanted something like it almost even before outfit customization was released haha)

Andrea: You are a musician and play in a band. Would you tell us the name of your band and what type of music you guys make?
Dan: The name of my band is “Cronova” and we play mostly progressive rock / metal which is not as hard or heavy as it sounds but still packs its own punch ;).

Andrea: If you had to chose between spending the evening at an Italian place drinking Red wine,  a bar where you can shoot Pool and play dart,  having cheap beer or an Irish Pub drinking an Irish stout Ale,  which would you chose and why,  ?
Dan: If the Italian place has pizza included count me in hahaha if not, probably the pool and dart place would be my thing, although who the hell cares about the place, company is what matters, any of those with some good friends sharing jokes and having fun would make it a great evening anyway!

Dan, it was nice getting to know you a little better, again, thank you for taking time out of your schedule to give us that opportunity.

https://m.facebook.c...256548648137398

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users