Photo

Interviewing the interviewer! Meet Andrea Freund (Geist812)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 DanFariasM

DanFariasM

Peekaboo... ;)

• Elder Watcher
  • 2933 posts
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 28 September 2017 - 04:02 PM

March 16th, 2017

I didn’t do this interview, I was the one being interviewed

Well this time it's a bit different. The interviewer becomes the interviewee. I had the opportunity to interview who i would call a good friend, Andrea Freund. I had a good time getting to know her better and now I'm bringing what i learned to the community.  

Well we all know the name of Andrea Freund but not many know the person behind that name. So today I have come to you to get our community to get to know you better than before. So let’s begin.

Zavier: First off I’d ask how old you are but it’s rude to ask a woman’s age so instead we will start off with what do you do in your spare time if you aren’t playing kot?
Andrea: I am a mom with 2 kids, ages 14 and 10, so I always have something to do. And I don't mind telling my age,  I am 47 years old.

Zavier: Where are you originally from?
Andrea: Originally,  I was born in the USA, but I was just a baby when my parents moved to Germany,  so I call Nürnberg (Nuremberg) my hometown.

Zavier: Not everyone knows you in game so what is your in game name/total gem score/ and average delta per round?
Andrea: My in game name is Geist812, I have a total gem score of almost 27 million and this gvg my delta is 1.7 million.  Usually I average anywhere from 200 - 500 k though. I also have 3 other accounts which I play. But Geist812 is my main account.

Zavier: Speaking of your username what’s the origin behind it?
Andrea: Well, that's pretty easy. Geist means Ghost,  and 812 is my birthday, December 8th

Zavier: Being someone who has been playing the game for such a long time what is one thing of advice that you could give to players in game and out of game?
Andrea: Have fun and play fair. Hacking and cheating only hurts yourself and others. Besides,  what fun is there in cheating in a game? Isn't playing the game why we do it? Also, don't be afraid to run big rituals,  this community is really awesome in helping retrieve gems

Zavier: If you could add and or remove anything in game what would it be?
Andrea: Hmmmm, only thing that really comes to mind here is the retrieve chance, maybe if it was a little bigger.  But Zeptolab has already removed the keys requirements for retrieves and that is awesome. I really, really hope it stays that way. This way even a low level player has a chance to help his or her guild by retrieving gems that they don't have enough keys for.

Zavier: What guilds have you been apart of in your kot career?
Andrea: With Geist812 I spent a short time in Supreme Overlord last summer,  but I have pretty much been in "The new Steeler" since I have been playing KoT. I was given leadership a little over a years ago and we brought it up from being ranked in the high 7000s to around 453 I think.

Zavier: Who do you look up to in the community?
Andrea: Omg,  there are so many great people, Robert Perrine,  he always gives advice, Alexis Kot, awesome dungeon designer, Symedia Sorin,  even if he's not playing any more, Shonkee(couldn't tag for some reason) , Bryan Berndt,  both also retired,  but they have all been a Major part in shaping this community and mysrlf as a player. I could go on for hours...

Zavier: What are you best moments in game and not in game?
Andrea: When I can help somebody by retrieving a gem, knowing that it is an incredible feeling when somebody does that for me. Outside of the game, when my children are happy.

Zavier: What are your worst moments in game and not in game?
Andrea: First time I lost a gold gem, it was just a baby gold,  but my only one at the time. Outside of the game was my worst moment lately when we found out our sweet little cat has cancer and probably wont live but a few mire months.

Zavier: How much time do you take out of your day to feed your addiction to playing kot?
Andrea: As much as I can, lol. I might play a total between 1 - 2 hours a day.

Zavier: What is your favorite outfit in game?
Andrea: That has to be Plaque Doctor,  it was the first one I got out of the machine when it came out and I have used it ever since. If I am having trouble saying a hard dungeon though I will use simple black.

Zavier: If you could describe kot to a stranger, how would you?
Andrea: Extremely addictive, loads of fun and very challenging

Zavier: Final question, if you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go and who would you take?
Andrea: Every where, I love traveling, I would take my family and my camera with me. I wouldn't need anything else

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions Andrea,and thank you to the reader for taking the time to read the interview.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users