#1 DanFariasM

DanFariasM

Peekaboo... ;)

• Elder Watcher
  • 2948 posts
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 27 October 2017 - 03:38 PM

April 5th, 2017

To continue my series of interviews with our great team of watchers I would like to welcome Somark today.

Thank you for taking the time to answer a few questions for us.

Andrea:      Where are you from?
Somark:      I’m from Hungary.

Andrea:      When you’re not playing King of Thieves, what do you do for a living?
Somark:      I’m a student.

Andrea:     When did you become a watcher?
Somark:     I became a watcher on the 17th of January, 2017.

Andrea:      What do you like best about being a watcher?
Somark:     I haven’t been a watcher for that long, so I don’t know for sure yet. Probably the part that I get to work with really cool people to help the community, the game.

Andrea:       Would you tell us what level you are and what your average delta is?
Somark:      I’m currently level 337, and since I’m in a camper guild, I do low deltas.

Andrea:       You have been playing for a long time, when did you start playing King of Thieves?
Somark:       I started on the 13th of February, 2015.

Andrea:     Which guild have you been in since playing KoT, and what guild do you belong to at the moment?
Somark:     I first played in a guild with friends which was called Lepényhal. After that I went to oWn for 2 months, then to GR. Although I’m in a camper guild atm, my heart is still in GR.

Andrea:     Some players spend hours playing KoT every day, how about you?
Somark:    Skipping was never that fun for me, so I only spend under 30 mins daily. I play more when I need to.

Andrea:    What tip would you give other players?
Somark:    Skip more I guess. And make sure when you find a golden, you use the best possible strategy to avoid noobing it.

Andrea:    What do you think was your best experience in the game?
Somark:    I don’t think I really could point out one thing, but if I had to I would probably pick saving my first base that required multiple hours. Or when I won the first St. Patrick’s gem, that was quite hectic as well because I had no orbs.

Andrea:    Do you regret anything about the game?
Somark:    Not much, rage spins probably.

Andrea:    Are there any players in the game that have inspired you, or you would consider to be „the greatest players” of KoT?
Somark:   Well if I had to say one name, it would definitely be Symedia - you can’t not make mention of his knowledge about the game, skill and the amount of things he has done for it. And I really like him on a personal level too, so I would definitely say him, even though he doesn’t play anymore. For other great players, of course there are the big guys - Yuhan, Gad, Alexis, etc.  -, but one player who I know a little more and is really skilled is a Dutch nub whose name starts with Q and ends with ueeezy.

Andrea:   Is there anything you would like to see changed in the game?
Somark:   Right now you have to get lucky to get a great base after your last one’s totem is destroyed, to find good gems while skipping, to get anything valuable from the spinner, to get rare outfits from the style-o-thief machine and even to not get much more powerful guilds in the matchmaking of guild battles (especially if they kill delta manipulating strategies in the 2.17), so I would really like if KoT was at least a little bit less luck-dependent.

Andrea:    If his majesty would grant you one wish, what would it be?
Somark:   Rename the Lil’ Scorcher to “an alligator that wants to be a dragon”, I really loved this idea of Yuhan’s. Or give my man Skydancer a Snow Racer, poor guy missed it when it was available and is dying to get one since then.

Andrea:     How would you describe KoT to a stranger?
Somark:    A fun multiplayer game, involving a easy to pick up but hard to master gameplay and a designing bases. It’s also p2w and it’s based on luck for the most part, but unless you really care for winning, you’ll have fun.

Andrea:     We all have our favourite thief/costume, which is yours and why?
Somark:    I use The King’s Watcher at the moment, but I would say Lucky Face as my favourite. There’s not really a reason for it, I just like raiding with it. Oh, and I would love Convictim, but I don’t have it.

Andrea:     You did an incredible job creating a bot for KoGR and now you created one for all players called KoTInABot, what makes you want to do things like that? After all you go out of your way to help, which is awesome, by the way. And how did you come up with the Idea?
Somark:     Thank you. Well, I’m into programming, so that explains why I make bots. I first started experimenting with the Telegram bot API about a year ago, and after a couple bots I came up with the idea of a bot for GR, which would’ve made our data-management much more effective. It turned out to be a success, so Alexis suggested making a similar bot for everyone, without our in-guild stuff.  After leaving a project for some time, with help of my friends Fezzik and Alucen I finally made it, and now it’s serving all the players who cared enough to check it out.

Andrea:      What is the best way for you to relax after a tough day? What other hobbies do you have?
Somark:    Other than programming, I like maths, sports, singing (in a choir) and playing the guitar. But after a tough day, I would rather just sleep. :)

Again, thank you very much for letting us get to know you better.

On a personal note, please check my telegram channel where I have posted all interviews, my own, as well as some old ones you may have missed.

https://t.me/KoT_Interviews

https://m.facebook.c...266972337095029

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users