#1 DanFariasM

DanFariasM

Peekaboo... ;)

• Elder Watcher
  • 2940 posts
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 27 October 2017 - 03:53 PM

June 19th, 2017

Today I would like to welcome Mario Kot aka Maren, a long time, and very skilled player.

Thank you for taking the time to answer some questions Maren.

Andrea:      Where are you from?
Maren:       Hi Andrea, thanks I am from Australia

Andrea:      When you’re not playing King of Thieves, what do you do for a living?
Maren:        I study full time at university and have 3 part-time jobs.

Andrea:     How old are you Maren?
Maren:        I just turned 20 a couple days ago.

Andrea:      Would you tell us what level you are and what your average delta is?
Maren:        I have many accounts, but on my main one I am level 332 and usually make around 1-2m delta. When i have more time to play i can make between 1-3m on multiple accounts.

Andrea:      You have been playing for a long time, when did you start playing King of Thieves?
Maren:        I started playing early in April 2015.

Andrea:     Which guild have you been in since playing KoT, and what guild do you belong to at the moment?
Maren:      Not quite sure which guild I started in, but I soon created my own guild called ʹdinhos gems‘ named after my idol ronaldinho. Since then I was recruited into Yes I stole IT thanks to Santiago Suarez and Fezzik King, and I still remain in that guild. I have an alt that is still in charge of dinhos gems, as well as 2 accounts which now lead both YISI and YISI2. In the mean time I have also visited Gem Retrieval, Lucky and Feel the Bern.

Andrea:     Some players spend hours playing KoT every day, how about you?
Maren:     It depends on how much free time I have. Usually about 2-3 hours per day but when I am on holidays I can reach the ban limit.

Andrea:    What tip would you give other players?
Maren:      Similar things to what everyone else has said. For newcomers, ask for help, there are plenty of awesome people in the community who are more than willing to help out. Never give up on a dungeon, especially a golden. If you can’t do it now, you‘ll be able to do it with practice and hopefully steal a golden later. Bases that you hate will become easy, practice makes perfect. Finally, never be afraid to try something new. A new base is more likely to withstand a pro raider than a normal hard one, so try a new design. Even try using gang potions more often, you’ll be surprised at how useful they can be. Oh and run goldens, plenty of people around to help retrieve them  :)

Andrea:    What do you think was your best experience in the game:
Maren:      I can’t pinpoint my favourite experience in the game, but they would all come from doing something I couldn’t believe that I could achieve. Saving or even flawlessing a tough base, reaching milestones like 1m gem score (now almost 100m) and coming second in KoKl.

Andrea:    Do you regret anything about the game?
Maren:      Only the small things like rage spins and forgetting rituals and making imperfects, otherwise my time in the game has been awesome.

Andrea:    Are there any players in the game that have inspired you, or you would consider to be „the greatest players „ of KoT?
Maren:    There are many players who inspired me. Without a doubt the most influential player in my KoT life is Fezzik King. He not only helped convince me to join YISI, but he taught me how to do everything from saw jumps to a GRj, as well as tactics both when raiding and for GVGs. We have had many in depth discussions about game mechanics, I don’t think I’ve thanked him enough. He also introduced me to other pro players, people who taught me even more and helped me in many situations. I thank Alexis for similar reasons, as well as bringing me into GR and helping me become a base designer. Many others have helped in many ways from retrievals to tactics and general help such as ciccio bomber, yves, shahmeer, oldmanlolipawp, elymic, uneura, mhd turkmani, queeezy and many more that would take too long to name.

Andrea:   Is there anything you would like to see changed in the game?
Maren:     The game has needed many important updates to help keep it alive. The most important ones are bringing back old physics to help creativity and make donut bases useful again. Adding more dungeons and traps, or simply adding randomised trap sets to dungeons. Increased motives to run goldens e.g. getting orbs or some kind of reward. But one of the most important things is to help new players keep playing the game. While this doesnt influence most players, throne costs must be decreased if new players are to keep playing the game, and without new players the game won‘t be fun anymore. Small things like adding level groups like 31-40,41-50,51-60... would help achieve this too.

Andrea:    If his majesty would grant you one wish, what would it be?
Maren:     For zeptolab to listen to the community more and focus on important updates rather than less important and unnecessary changes.

Andrea:     How would you describe KoT to a stranger?
Maren:      An awesome multiplayer app which uses a great mix of strategy, skill and luck to progress further in the game.

Andrea:     We all have our favorit thief/costume, which is yours and why?
Maren:     My favorite costumes at the moment would have to be the world cup costumes. As you raid they leave behind a strong trail which I find can be very useful when raiding. Without these costumes I would have noobed a few too many goldens.

Andrea:       What are your favorite potions while raiding gems?
Maren:     I believe the slomo potion is by far the best in the game, can help you raid any base very well if you know the solution. Otherwise gang is the best because of its variety of uses.

Andrea:       Can you raid platform and gravity switch bases very well? What is your specific strategy for these?
Maren: Of course no one will be able to beat these bases easily every time, but with enough practice I do not find them too difficult anymore. My advice to others would be to practice the dungeon and develop strategies with potions (especially slomo and gang on these bases) to help raid them.

Andrea:        Due to popular demand I have to make this a permanent question.  What do you think about pineapple on pizza and what is your favorit pizza topping?
Maren:            I don’t like pineapple in general and it has a very strong taste, would not want to ruin a perfectly delicious pizza with it. So no pineapple for me thanks, but my favorite topping would be bacon.

Andrea:       If you could spend an evening with a famous person, past or present, who would it be and why?
Maren:       Ronaldinho. He is my idol in life because he is always happy and became the best he could be while earning everyone’s respect. Would love to meet him one day.

Andrea:      If you were stranded on a tropical Island,  who and what would you want to have with you?
Maren: Nothing I care for more in my life than my beloved friends, as long as I have some great people to keep me company I will be happy

https://m.facebook.c...304376313354631

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users