Photo

Interview with Vladislav Panferov aka Stiv aka Vileom aka....

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 DanFariasM

DanFariasM

Peekaboo... ;)

• Elder Watcher
  • 2944 posts
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:08 PM

September 19th, 2017

I promised you all some exciting interviews when my summer vacation is over. So, let's get started.

Today I would like to welcome Vladislav Panferov one of the community managers.

Vladislav, thank you for taking the time to answer some questions for us.

Andrea: You are the other community manager beside Chervey, and as I had asked him, is it true that developers aren’t as good as other players? Chervey said he had a double platform saved in his dungeon at the moment. How about you, can you flawless platform or trampoline bases?
Vladislav: Well, I used to be good at jumps like saw jump and instant jump, but now I’m not sure that I’ll be able to pass one for 3 stars these days :) Right now I have a default best defense just because I have to reset my dungeon a lot due to some of my job responsibilities.

Andrea: What brought you to work for ZeptoLab?
Vladislav: Before ZeptoLab I used to work at another game developing company. Telling the story in two words: I was kind of an Elder Watcher for the community of a MOBA game published by that company where Chervey worked too. He hired me in his department and it became my first considerable employment. Time passed, he left, I stayed, but later in Summer 2015 he asked me if I wanted to send my CV to ZeptoLab because they were looking for a community manager. Since that time we serve King of Thieves together :)

Andrea: Can you tell us a little more about the new treasury? How does it work and when will the update be?
Vladislav: Treasure Hall is the first part of a new huge feature. Basically, it’s a new Vault, but this time it will be literally endless and unlimited. By running rituals, you will be able to get Emeralds – a new resource. So, to save your gem into the Treasure Hall, you will need to spend some of these green beauties. By the way, you will be able to save almost any gem you want, not only gems with 1m+ value. But this is not the only usage for Emeralds. Trust me, you will need them and unique gems for… well, for something new ;) Geffi has found something huge right under your dungeon (and Treasure Hall) and she will tell you about it a little bit more soon. But note that it will take her some time to make everything works.

Andrea: What about the throne prices and suffering of some players, will they be shrinked in the next updates as Chervey said they might?
Vladislav: Wait a minute, as far as I remember he said something about probabilities and future. No hints about the next update. So I won’t either deny or confirm that we will change prices for Thrones. We still think that Thrones are fine more or less. As Chervey said, it is cheaper to get FS1 than it used to be that is fine for more than 90% of players. However there is a huge BUT in this story made of players’ suffering and Geffi’s finding. Many things will change and it seems that Throne prices will be reformed to fulfil both a new in-game balance and expectations of the community.

Andrea: Is there anything feature, or change, in the game that you influenced and that you are proud of?
Vladislav: I hope so (x2). Well, Chervey and I are working closely with our colleagues on that Treasure Hall and what’s about to be released right after that. We also help our team to understand our community better, so that’s why not only Gold but Silver Arena champions will be able to use a new throne too. And we almost found an ideal balance between our community needs and our future updates.

Andrea: Oh, the community needs! I can’t keep silence anymore. Lots of players are asking for new traps and dungeons, is there a chance we will be seeing that in the near future?
Vladislav: Yes, I know that the most desirable things are layouts and traps. We’re gradually moving in this direction. Is that sounds good for you? :) The community matters when Zepto makes decisions.

Andrea: Speaking of traps and dungeons, what do you think about saw jumps? Chervey has recently boomed telegram chats with his comments about saw jumps that have to pass away because they’re not natural. Honestly, I can hardly do one saw jump, all others just kill me, but I am not sure they should be removed, what do you think?
Vladislav: I think that this is what make King of Thieves unique and so great. These little mechanics in the game add some charm to it, aren’t they? But on the other hand, they are too difficult and even impossible for some players due to their device technical performance. My personal opinion is that it would be better to give more variety than remove something. However, this issue is not that simple, and our team is discussing it over and over again. We can always disable it, that’s an option we can use. But we’re trying to find other ways to solve this situation.

Andrea: Since we have the option to skip bases or restore Totem, I have been seeing much more double platform, trampoline or gravity switch dungeons. One day that is all we will have, or will there be any changes made?
Vladislav: I hope that soon those layouts won’t be so desirable for players. Or, at least, they will find passion in other layouts :)

Andrea: One more issue are tears. I keep seeing players complaining about having tears to spend, but nothing to spend them on, since they have upgraded everything possible. Can we use them to maybe buy rare outfits in the future? Or maybe have the option to use orbs or tears to buy potions, re-spin and such?
Vladislav: You should understand that Tears problem is related only to old players. New players don’t have this problem. If we add something new for Tears, new players will have to do a choice how they want to use Tears. That’s not the best option. From time to time we discuss what shall we do with Tears and Gold and unused magical ingredients, but right now we’re focusing in features and updates which will be interesting for all players.

Andrea: Ok, let’s get back to features. What was the reason for making a throne available not only to a single guild that wins the Crown Arena, but also to guilds that took silver rewards? And how powerful that throne is?
Vladislav: A new Throne will be more powerful than FS15, but weaker than King of Kings’ throne. As for the reason, it’s simple. We love our community, you’re so cool, so dedicated. We decided that there is no reason to give the throne to one guild only, because fighting top Arenas is draining. So giving it to gold and silver taking guilds is a good motivation to push forward. It’s real goal for any guild in top-50 list if they manage the process rightly. So guys, show us who’s the boss here ;)

Andrea: I asked Chervey about the most useless feature of the game, so, in your opinion what is the most useful feature in the game?
Vladislav: Revenge is that kind of a feature. It was overpowered and allowed to duplicate (swap) big gems, so we were forced to nerf it. Now it’s useless for any advanced player. However it’s cool for newbies, so that’s why it is still in the game.

Andrea: I think not many players really know you, will you give us a little private information about you?
Vladislav: Don’t know what to say :) I live in Moscow, Russia. I love games: mobile, PC games, board games. And I love reading. I read all the time when I have several free minutes. You know, it would be easier for me if you ask questions, because I’m not used to telling much about myself :)

Andrea: And yes, I have to come around the the most important question, because everybody wants to know. How do you feel about pineapple on pizza, and what is your favorite pizza topping?
Vladislav: Let me say like this. There are a lot of people in this planet. We have different taste, preferences, we like different food. So I don’t mind if people are getting crazy because of pineapple on pizza. Moreover, I have several friends and colleagues who are fine with pineapple on pizza. I will definitely eat some pizza with pineapple if my friends’ life will depend on it, but I’m not a big fan of pizza at all :)

Vladislav, again I want to thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to answer these questions for us.

https://m.facebook.c...345253425933586

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users