Z11Zeleven

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationYou would like to know, not?

Posted 28 October 2017 - 08:01 AM

Hello

As everyone who is active for a while here knows, these forums are dead.
So we need to bring them back alive.

This thread is to get attention from the People who can do something about it (I assume watchers and moderators).

At least there should be An advertisement in the game, telling People this forum exists.
So I'm asking if someone could possible get this to happen?
Right now there's only a small button, hidden in the "tips and tricks" section of the game that Brings you to here.
And let's be honest, there ain't anybody who looks at that.

So please, a small add in the news of the game shouldn't be that hard to achieve?

If anyone has some other ideas to revive this forum be sure to let us know, down below :)

Z11

Come over to the forum games and join Global Domination; Tides of war :D

#2 Wolfus

Wolfus

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationIn the basement.

Posted 28 October 2017 - 01:53 PM

Well to this I reply, possibly and I emphasize POSSIBLY we could have a message board in our dungeon that shows the top posts. When you click on it, you get asked to go to the forums or not.

#3 MashiroShiina

MashiroShiina

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 4 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 October 2017 - 06:37 PM

How did the forums become dead though?

#4 Wolfus

Wolfus

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationIn the basement.

Posted 28 October 2017 - 06:47 PM

That's a very good question, sadly I'm not able to answer because I've just returned last week

#5 Z11Zeleven

Z11Zeleven

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 09:25 PM

Same, I left in a state that it wasn't this dead and returned in a way more deadier state...

Al that matters now this is that we go to revive it.

#6 Neptune

Neptune

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 25 posts
  • LocationFarthest planet from the Sun.

Posted 28 October 2017 - 11:48 PM

I agree, having an active forums for any game is always an important and enjoyable feature. One reason I believe the forums have died is simply because everybody, or at least those that care enough to go the 'extra-mile' and interact on something such as a forum, all migrated to the official King of Thieves Telegram. Which is often more effective to communicate on because it is a chat.

#7 King of Eterity

King of Eterity

Not playing KOT anymore

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • LocationEterity

Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:42 AM

Or that all the active members have pretty much moved on from KOT and therefore left and no one has come in to replace them. Maybe they decided to leave KOT to dedicate more time to CATS?

BYE KOT

electriking.png

I have a Discord server: https://discord.gg/46h35Er

#8 Skydancer

Skydancer

The Sneaky Italian Nerd

• Watcher
  • 637 posts
  • LocationThe land of Pizza (without pineapple...)

Posted 29 October 2017 - 02:31 PM

It's sad to see the forums dying this way, there are many resources, usefull stuff and memories of the past here. But as Neptune said, Telegram is much faster to use for anything, from sharing a dungeon layout to just talking 5 minutes with guildmates, and that's probably why most users migrated there.

I don't think this has to do with KoT / CATS popularity.

Outfit Collection: Wood 17/17 ~ Rock 19/19 ~ Silver 11/18 ~ Gold 12/17
Proud Co-Leader of Gem Retrieval
Find me on Telegram: @SkydancerKot

#9 King of Eterity

King of Eterity

Not playing KOT anymore

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • LocationEterity

Posted 30 October 2017 - 09:36 PM

But normally forums don't die because they have a telegram chat (or Discord server because KOT is behind the times not having one). I don't see why people should flat out ditch the forum for good because a chat exists. These chats should be part of the forum, or an extra, not a replacement. I think it could be that the older users have now left but not enough people are aware of the forums to allow new users to replace the old. I don't see why the chat, even if more reliable, should kill the forum. It is not so bad for most of the forum except for forum games, which are inherently unfun and some even unplayable without activity. If you want to play forum games still, then you are better off at another forum.

BYE KOT

electriking.png

I have a Discord server: https://discord.gg/46h35Er

#10 Debzzi

Debzzi

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationIn a universe far far away.........

Posted 30 October 2017 - 10:52 PM

It would help if Zeptolab put news on here again. It used to be the place to find the update notes and when they were coming. As well as speculation on what it all meant. I gave up looking so often at the forums when all that stopped.

#11 Neptune

Neptune

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 01:36 AM

It would help if Zeptolab put news on here again. It used to be the place to find the update notes and when they were coming. As well as speculation on what it all meant. I gave up looking so often at the forums when all that stopped.

That's honestly probably the best way to make the forums active again. That and as others have mentioned, advertising the forums in-game. Though, one thing I have noticed for a while now is that Zeptolab unfortunately doesn't seem to interact a lot with their players.. They don't ask for real feedback on the game and updates and they don't seem to listen too much to any ideas or give us feedback on the ideas given. 

I think it would really help if they communicated more with their player-base, or at least with those that actually care to give their opinions and try to help make the game great.

#12 Skydancer

Skydancer

The Sneaky Italian Nerd

• Watcher
  • 637 posts
  • LocationThe land of Pizza (without pineapple...)

Posted 31 October 2017 - 12:27 PM

But normally forums don't die because they have a telegram chat (or Discord server because KOT is behind the times not having one). I don't see why people should flat out ditch the forum for good because a chat exists. These chats should be part of the forum, or an extra, not a replacement. I think it could be that the older users have now left but not enough people are aware of the forums to allow new users to replace the old. I don't see why the chat, even if more reliable, should kill the forum. It is not so bad for most of the forum except for forum games, which are inherently unfun and some even unplayable without activity. If you want to play forum games still, then you are better off at another forum.

If you talk this way, I'm not sure if you have ever used telegram for KoT related stuff. There are bots which are databases of dungeon layouts/default traps and such, many channels for help in every aspect of the game. And the most important thing ( in my opinion) is that we are talking about a PHONE GAME. When I need anything and I'm on my phone, I'd rather open telegram and get an answer in 2 minutes than opening a post here and hope for an answer in half a day ( talking when the forum was quite active).

That would help for sure, but now they are doing that stuff on Facebook and Twitter, and I'd say way more frequently then when anticipations were posted on the forums.

That's honestly probably the best way to make the forums active again. That and as others have mentioned, advertising the forums in-game. Though, one thing I have noticed for a while now is that Zeptolab unfortunately doesn't seem to interact a lot with their players.. They don't ask for real feedback on the game and updates and they don't seem to listen too much to any ideas or give us feedback on the ideas given. 

I think it would really help if they communicated more with their player-base, or at least with those that actually care to give their opinions and try to help make the game great.

Just because they don't reply to every comment, it doesn't mean that they don't care. Lately there have been quite a few "quick fixes" to their fuckups ( Shady Joe event in July is the first thing which comes to my mind), and subsequent compensations.

And let's be honest here, from 20 ideas proposed by players... 18-19 would be either completely broken or 100% useless. I still see people crying to bring back the 2500orbs reward for seasons, which happened more than a year ago and DESTROYED the game for the few months in which it was implemented.

Then again, I love the forums. Digging into old threads and the goldmine of informations is just awesome. But it's not for everyone. The average player now wants an answer HERE and NOW, 95% of the people don't care to understand the game... they just want the simplest and fastest answer. And for this kind of people, a chat is better than a forum.

Edited by Skydancer, 31 October 2017 - 12:32 PM.

Outfit Collection: Wood 17/17 ~ Rock 19/19 ~ Silver 11/18 ~ Gold 12/17
Proud Co-Leader of Gem Retrieval
Find me on Telegram: @SkydancerKot

#13 Neptune

Neptune

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 08:41 PM

If you talk this way, I'm not sure if you have ever used telegram for KoT related stuff. There are bots which are databases of dungeon layouts/default traps and such, many channels for help in every aspect of the game. And the most important thing ( in my opinion) is that we are talking about a PHONE GAME. When I need anything and I'm on my phone, I'd rather open telegram and get an answer in 2 minutes than opening a post here and hope for an answer in half a day ( talking when the forum was quite active).

That would help for sure, but now they are doing that stuff on Facebook and Twitter, and I'd say way more frequently then when anticipations were posted on the forums.

Just because they don't reply to every comment, it doesn't mean that they don't care. Lately there have been quite a few "quick fixes" to their fuckups ( Shady Joe event in July is the first thing which comes to my mind), and subsequent compensations.

And let's be honest here, from 20 ideas proposed by players... 18-19 would be either completely broken or 100% useless. I still see people crying to bring back the 2500orbs reward for seasons, which happened more than a year ago and DESTROYED the game for the few months in which it was implemented.

Then again, I love the forums. Digging into old threads and the goldmine of informations is just awesome. But it's not for everyone. The average player now wants an answer HERE and NOW, 95% of the people don't care to understand the game... they just want the simplest and fastest answer. And for this kind of people, a chat is better than a forum.

I never said they didn't care. All I was trying to say is that it would be nice for them to communicate with those that do CARE about their game...

Edited by Neptune, 31 October 2017 - 08:41 PM.

#14 Z11Zeleven

Z11Zeleven

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 07:36 PM

Okay, now everything that's wrong has been said.
How do we fix stuff?
The telegram thing won't be banned because the forums want to be more important again and in my opinion the forums have watchers and other People who should give the feedback and thoughts of the community to zepto.

Advertising the forums would so be a short-term solution.
If the forums actualy were used to give feedback towards the devs that would make them useful again.
Does there exists some kind of community manager (I never heard of)?
That would really help the forums and, even more, the game...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users