10 replies to this topic

#1 G3cd

G3cd

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 8 posts
  • LocationHamburg

Posted 15 December 2017 - 11:14 AM

So now we have three new bases. This is how they were presented on the King of Thieves Facebook page.

Shall we just number them from left to right? 99, 100, 101? Or leave one out again (there is no base #50) and use 100, 101, 102 since this seems to be the start of a new series? Or is there an official numbering system somewhere?

25299838_2035487070056058_85697328484133

-- daily KoT videos on YouTube / G3CD.com

#2 Z11Zeleven

Z11Zeleven

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationYou would like to know, not?

Posted 15 December 2017 - 10:57 PM

Funny thing I was searching them as well when I Found this post..
Have you Found any good layouts for them?
Most players seem to find them bad..

Come over to the forum games and join Global Domination; Tides of war :D

#3 G3cd

G3cd

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 8 posts
  • LocationHamburg

Posted 16 December 2017 - 09:13 AM

Well, I've searched for 4 hrs for them on the day they came out - they're rarer than golden gems! - and only found 7 new bases in total. I did a video on 5 of them: 

The problem is:

1) Most players just do a regular jump puzzle - but only with 2 traps, as they ignore the strength of the Roaster.

2) If you do a layout that uses that strength and you keep players from jumping by placing cannons and guards ABOVE them, they just walk beneath when the Roaster is disabled.

So yeah, it seems like a weak trap. But that 5th layout in my video already gets pretty close to what I had in mind, took me over an hour to beat.

Edited by G3cd, 16 December 2017 - 09:14 AM.

#4 alan888

alan888

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 03:37 PM

I have answer . I ask différent players and now i know . I think its a new dungeon génération so new number and i think start at 101 because 100 is à number of "invisible dungeon " si its a number 101 . 102.103

#5 Z11Zeleven

Z11Zeleven

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationYou would like to know, not?

Posted 16 December 2017 - 05:35 PM

Well, I've searched for 4 hrs for them on the day they came out - they're rarer than golden gems! - and only found 7 new bases in total. I did a video on 5 of them:

The problem is:

1) Most players just do a regular jump puzzle - but only with 2 traps, as they ignore the strength of the Roaster.

2) If you do a layout that uses that strength and you keep players from jumping by placing cannons and guards ABOVE them, they just walk beneath when the Roaster is disabled.

So yeah, it seems like a weak trap. But that 5th layout in my video already gets pretty close to what I had in mind, took me over an hour to beat.

Yeah that dungeon looks pretty hard. But the problem is that when the roaster is disabled the other traps are Pointless.
That will be verry hard to accomplish, a dungeon with roaster that's strong against DT..

Come over to the forum games and join Global Domination; Tides of war :D

#6 alan888

alan888

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 07:11 PM

I search base and i found good layout with the new dungeon . Look dungeon of A THIEF in guild Le Table

#7 Swift

Swift

Pickpocket

• Thief
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 08:56 PM

Wait you can change your base without moving?

#8 G3cd

G3cd

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 8 posts
  • LocationHamburg

Posted 17 December 2017 - 11:03 AM

Yeah that dungeon looks pretty hard. But the problem is that when the roaster is disabled the other traps are Pointless.
That will be verry hard to accomplish, a dungeon with roaster that's strong against DT..

I work with that guy to make it harder … like, place the cannon on the right to require a perfect corner jump, then have the red guard chase you at the bottom when you move left … problem is again placing the other traps in a way that you have to run without jumping as if you jump, you will delay things enough to get caught by the red guard or something. So putting the Roaster to a good use is really complicated. Guess that's why most people don't like it.

#9 G3cd

G3cd

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 8 posts
  • LocationHamburg

Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:17 AM

I have answer . I ask différent players and now i know . I think its a new dungeon génération so new number and i think start at 101 because 100 is à number of "invisible dungeon " si its a number 101 . 102.103

Can you name a source for that "invisible" dungeon? Wouldn't #99 be the one to skip then?

#10 alan888

alan888

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:19 PM

Can you name a source for that "invisible" dungeon? Wouldn't #99 be the one to skip then?

I think the holes left by zepto should not be replaced by the new dungeons. It has been a long time since king of thieves had not had a new dungeon configuration. for me it's a new generation that starts up and starts with the number 101.

#11 G3cd

G3cd

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 8 posts
  • LocationHamburg

Posted 19 December 2017 - 08:35 AM

I think the holes left by zepto should not be replaced by the new dungeons. It has been a long time since king of thieves had not had a new dungeon configuration. for me it's a new generation that starts up and starts with the number 101.

Well, right now, the highest base number is 98. So ti would make sense to start a new series with 100, not 101, imho.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Roaster, new base, number

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users