• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kregington

Kregington

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 09:37 PM

​What if we were able to adjust more of our traps?

Cannon - can adjust rate of shot, or select one of three shot patterns (e.g. o - - o - - o.. OR  o - - o - o - - o... OR o - - - o - - o - o - - - o )

Homing cannon - same as cannon adjustments

Dragon - adjust length of flame or speed of flame or both

Bird - keep the same

RG - Keep the same

Spinner - be able to change direction clockwise vs counter clockwise 

Roaster - adjust the heat to get to max temp faster or slower, or even have the max temp speed change depending on how close/far you are from the trap. 

#2 Unique

Unique

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationNowhere and everywhere, Never and always.

Posted 10 March 2018 - 12:38 AM

While customization for traps is always good for new dungeons, how would the player know the adjustment of a specific trap when they break into a dungeon? Just by blindly entering the stage not knowing what to expect?

Plus this makes a lot of things to consider when making a dungeon, and in my opinion making it more complicated.

I doubt Zeptolab will add any more dungeon possibilities for a while since they just added random traps which great ENORMOUS dungeon possibility.

#3 Kregington

Kregington

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 04:08 PM

Unique,​ It would be the same as now. Right now you can watch the traps before you break in, so it would not be blindly entering. For​ example, right now you can watch to see the path of the red guard before you break in. This would be the same. You could watch before breaking in to see the pattern of the cannon shot or the flame length/speed on the dragon. A trap like the roaster would need a indicator around it to show how fast it heated up. 

So, no. It would not be blindly breaking in. it would be the same as it is now where you can see what you are getting into before breaking in. 

Plus, more complex is a good thing in my opinion. It adds variety to the game. that is why the random trap upgrade is a good thing. it expanded the game, and this would be another expansion. 

Edited by Kregington, 11 March 2018 - 04:11 PM.

#4 Unique

Unique

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationNowhere and everywhere, Never and always.

Posted 12 March 2018 - 12:07 AM

I suppose you have a point. If this was ever implemented the cannons would have to have timers on them showing when they'd next shoot to make it more clear as well as on the scorchers for length and such. I just think this makes the game less pattern dependent like it is and harder to follow for inexperienced players, so I doubt Zeptolab will add it.

#5 ZavierRogers

ZavierRogers

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 05:55 PM

only one i could realistically see zepto adding into the game would be the making the spinner move counter clockwise and clockwise, but some very interesting ideas nonetheless 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ideas for Shaping KoT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users