5 replies to this topic

#1 DeathKillR

DeathKillR

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 11:46 PM

[RAW TEXT]

Hey guys, I’ve got an idea to change the way stealing gems work. The current system when stealing a gem is that you have a set amount of hearts that you can lose, and the more times you die the more hearts you lose. These hearts are divided by stars, up until 3. The more stars you have the higher chance you have of grabbing a gem in the totem using the spinner. However, the RNG associated with the spinner also causes frustration. This can be fixed by reworking the way you can steal gems within the game. First off, remove the spinner entirely. This will sound ridiculous at first, but after a few more changes it will make sense, so keep reading. The next thing on the list is to change the way the health bar works. When your health bar reaches 0, your character will “die” and will be evicted from the said player’s dungeon. The stars in between will affect how much gold the player will get if they beat the dungeon. Sounds familiar right? The strongholds found by entering the living totem has a system like this, where you can actually “die”, and your stars affect how many runes you will get at the end. To recap, we have made our character able to “die”, and made a guaranteed chance to steal a gem at the end. While these are some of the changes, there will be a few more. To start off, traps can no longer be disabled by any effects. This means that one trap is no longer disabled after a set amount of attempts. This means that the thief will have to navigate through the dungeon with all the traps enabled 24/7. This brings us to the next change of removing, reworking and replacing some potions. First off, the disable trap potion will be removed to fit with the previous change. Next, the ghost potion will show a glowing green thief solving the said player’s dungeon before the start of every attempt. This will make the ghost potion more useful and balance with the other changes. To recap; we have made all gems guaranteed after reaching the totem, we have reworked the health bar so the player “dies” at 0 health, we have made traps enabled 24/7 no matter what happens, we have removed the disable trap potion, and we have reworked the ghost potion. I believe that this will make players spend their money on orbs to over-level their traps to make other players die faster. I do not believe this will have any effect on the income generated from the game. That being said, it is a lot fairer now that traps can no longer be disabled. In my opinion, I believe that this will make the game more strategic in terms of creating dungeons and making attacking a fun and intense experience that requires your full attention even more than the game currently offers.

[BRIEF POINTS MADE IN THE ABOVE PARAGRAPH]

-Removed the spinner and made gems garunteed upon reaching the end of a dungeon
-The player “dies” at 0 HP and will be evicted from the dungeon they are trying to raid
-stars now only affect the amount of gold stolen
-Traps will ALWAYS be active indefinitely refused less of circumstances
-Disable trap potion has been removed (hallelujah)
-Ghost potion now shows a glowing green thief that completes a said player’s dungeon before the start of every attempt

Let me know what you think about these changes. I want the developers to make attacking and defending fairer without disrupting too many of the core mechanics of the game. I hope some of these changes can be added in the near future.

Edited by DeathKillR, 22 July 2018 - 01:14 PM.

#2 teo

teo

Combatant

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • LocationRelaxing in my dungeon

Posted 15 July 2018 - 02:02 PM

i agree with all except from 5

DHN4eHM.png

Join Kings Army!!

#3 Mr_Miyagi0484

Mr_Miyagi0484

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 03:09 AM

This would make it very difficult to protect your gems. The spinner makes it more fair because it gives the player whose dungeon is being attacked a chance to keep their gem, even with a 3 star raid. Additionally, Zepto won’t go for that because then you are removing the element of spending orbs from the process of stealing. Why would u need an orb potion if u never need orbs to steal with? Plus, why would a one star raid guarantee a steal? This seems awfully ridiculous. U claim that orb spending would go up as people would orb their trap levels. Well what happens when they max the trap out? They would stop spending orbs. U are essentially removing the profitability of the game for Zepto. I just can’t see this ever happening, as it removes the basic elements that make the game what it currently is and (probably more importantly from the creator’s viewpoint) the economic viability of the game.

#4 DeathKillR

DeathKillR

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 01:14 PM

It seems that we don't like the orb potion, and now I know why. I have scratched the orb potion off the list

#5 DeathKillR

DeathKillR

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 01:22 PM

This would make it very difficult to protect your gems. The spinner makes it more fair because it gives the player whose dungeon is being attacked a chance to keep their gem, even with a 3 star raid. Additionally, Zepto won’t go for that because then you are removing the element of spending orbs from the process of stealing. Why would u need an orb potion if u never need orbs to steal with? Plus, why would a one star raid guarantee a steal? This seems awfully ridiculous. U claim that orb spending would go up as people would orb their trap levels. Well what happens when they max the trap out? They would stop spending orbs. U are essentially removing the profitability of the game for Zepto. I just can’t see this ever happening, as it removes the basic elements that make the game what it currently is and (probably more importantly from the creator’s viewpoint) the economic viability of the game.

In regards to your first point, I requested that gems be guaranteed after reaching the totem, but as a cost, traps can no longer be disabled by any means. Also, the player can "die" after they reach 0 HP. Those points I mentioned in the thread balance out each other and make the stealing experience fair since when you reach the totem and get a gem, you know you reached it without any traps being disabled, and the defender needs to improve their dungeon. Your second point I agree with though, the orb potion would completely wreck the orb economy. However, I disagree with your final point. To upgrade your traps to max level, it takes thousands of orbs, and not only that, people will also want to spend orbs on upgrades in the castle. You would still need to spend hundreds of dollars in order to fully upgrade your character.

Edited by DeathKillR, 22 July 2018 - 01:23 PM.

#6 Mr_Miyagi0484

Mr_Miyagi0484

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 04:13 AM

I have a maxed tower (and would never ever ever ever ever spend orbs on this) and all my traps except one are maxed. This would give me a huge advantage in your game, and I know I am far from the only player in this boat. Thus, I wouldn’t spend any orbs as u claim most players would.

In regards to the “death at 0” and lack of disabled traps, I would still say that this shouldn’t allow for a GUARANTEED steal. U would need to rework it so that the player has some method for making the steal or not because I would stop playing if steals were ALWAYS guaranteed. This essentially means that if u don’t have a layout that guarantees the player reaching “0” health your gem is always going to get stolen. How many players would want to play a game like that? Also, how would u deal with maxed foreseer thrones and crown arena thrones, especially with players like myself who have maxed revitalizing heartbeat? I know that I have had crown arena throne players raid me with 8-10 deaths from maxed traps (lvl 46) and still finish with 2 stars. Thus, I could have made a setup where they would have died around a dozen times and still not reached 0. How could low level players ever avoid steals from players like this. If anything your game would be even more unfair for low level players than the current game. I don’t think u have thought through all the details.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Idea

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users