• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Subtonix

Subtonix

Pickpocket

• Thief
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 05:22 AM

I personally think that saving a dungeon twice to make it fair for other people your level is complete garbage.
Its not fair at all, we all know you sit there for hours on end to save your dungeon whether its fair for others your level or not.
Either way people are going to destroy that great defense you spent hours saving with potions anyways so i dont get it at all.

I just feel that the dungeon save requirements need to be changed. maybe beat the dungeon 2 times but not in a row because saving a dungeon 2 times in a row can take way to long considering how easily potions can destroy your defense.

I mean potions are given out like candy i can not be the only one who thinks this

#2 klamer

klamer

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 10:38 PM

1. You have a spell 'quckie', which gives you at lest 5% chance to save it on one try.
2. Doesn't matter how many tries you need to save a layout, if one can easly pass your dungeon with potion or two.
3. It will be easier to change your hard layout by accident when you try other layouts in edit mode.

I know, that saving realy hard bases is frustrating, but this is a part of the game. Remember, pro players will beat your dungeon anyway :)

#3 Geist812

Geist812

Gangster Mom

• Elder Watcher
  • 38 posts
  • LocationWhere pineapple does go on pizza :D

Posted 18 December 2018 - 11:53 AM

Subtonix, look at it this way. Saving a really hard dungeon twice in a row gives you lots of practice. So at the same you are saving your dungeon, you are practicing raiding others.

#4 phantom darkrai 456

phantom darkrai 456

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...Inactive probably...

Posted 24 December 2018 - 01:43 PM

Honestly, saving decent, unique dungeons right now takes ages. I believe the random trap idea was the best thing which happened to KoT, as i feel the dungeons i encounter are really unique. People put time into their dungeons. You are currently able to test dungeons with potions btw. Anyway, i know it's very fustrating, but back in the day, I literally spent over 3 hours trying to verify my base. If you can, don't rely on traps too much, but jumps. Disable trap disables your weakest trap before damage is inflicted, so try and strengthen any major traps in your defense so they are not disabled on the first attempt. Gravity switches, or whatever they've been coined as are awfully useful in dungeos as they cannot be disabled and demand perfect jumps if positioned correctly.

Also, the 2 save thing is kind of necessary if you ask me. It prevents a person from saving a ridiculously hard near-impossible dungeon based on a sheer fluke.

My current dungeon is an example of this. I reckon i have only beat it 15 times out of perhaps 500 attempts. Getting better at it of course, but if I had it first try, one could argue the chance of beating is it as low as 1/33.3 and that no skill is required.

I am also considering crafting a practically impossible dungeon by using the 6 hour rule. Gonna wait 2 hours 50 minutes to time a jump then repeat. Practically impossible. I'm just figuring out how I would get it to work (the dragon is absolutely useless)

Edited by phantom darkrai 456, 08 January 2019 - 12:02 AM.

gwUm1wq.png

OnProch97's brilliant work

http://forum.kingoft...1080-onproch97/

#5 ItzSnapter

ItzSnapter

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 12:28 PM

Let's say you had a super super super hard layout. And you beat it once. You could have been trying for hours on end to do it, but is it really worth it? If you're lower level, people might be thinking what is this?! and not be able to do it at all. Sooner or later people would copy you and you wouldn't be able to beat a single dungeon. Plus you have quickie

#6 phantom darkrai 456

phantom darkrai 456

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...Inactive probably...

Posted 31 December 2018 - 04:30 PM

ItzSnapter i don't comprehend your point.

Sorry.

gwUm1wq.png

OnProch97's brilliant work

http://forum.kingoft...1080-onproch97/

#7 ItzSnapter

ItzSnapter

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 11:12 AM

Basically what I mean is that if you had a dungeon that was very hard to do, then you would keep trying until you got a successful run. If you could save at that point, then everyone would have dungeons like that in no time, and stealing would be near impossible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users