#1 Bryce

Bryce

The Veteran

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1492 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 29 March 2015 - 02:45 AM

There have been many complaints about the Low Wall Jump (Triple Spawn Trap) and Super Jumps. If you don't know what these are, you can refer to the website >HERE<. I just thought it was about time I shared my thoughts on these two jumps.

First, lets begin with the Low Wall Jump. This jump has been slandered by the community. Some say it is too hard, others say it diminishes creativity within the game. I say people complaining about this are too lazy to put the time in to master it. This jump is as simple as watching a hands-on tutorial, and finding a method that suits you to gain the muscle memory of the jump. When I first decided to dedicate myself to learning this jump, I thought, "This is impossible, how could anyone ever do this, much less twice in a row?!" After finding a post on the forums saying to slide my finger off the screen for the second tap, I could actually do the jump! Now... I wasn't a pro or anything at it at that time. I would say my average was 1/30 the day I put out my tutorial on the jump. The next day, I became even better at it, and so on and so forth. Now, I'm executing it 1/5 times on a bad day, 4/5 on a good day (regular cannon btw). I didn't spend hours upon hours each day grinding the muscle memory into my brain. I played maybe 2 hours a day at that point... at least 1 and a half of those 2 hours were dedicated to raiding and gem retrievals. Now that I have dedication out of the way, lets move on to devices. I have accomplished this jump on an iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and Galaxy S3. The mechanics to this jump are the same on every device, and my average remained consistent through all these devices. You guys are just using this as a poor excuse to why you cannot do this jump, and it saddens me. Finally, people say that the TST is killing the creativity within the game. Every time I read this, all I can do is laugh. I mean come on... we have a database full of different layouts to choose from, plus at least 2 threads literally full of different dungeons with a short description on how to beat it. If you want to be creative, then go be creative! You can't force it upon other people taking advantage of the game's coding, plus you are stripping away all the effort they put into mastering the jump.

There isn't a plethora I can say about super jumps. Most are relatively easy, while others are quite impossible for the average player. I feel that those who have dedicated such a large amount of time into making these incredibly difficult super jumps should not be punished for those who can't do them. I'm not the best at super jumps (I'm far from good), but it can be as simple clicking "Skip" if you think that the dungeon is too hard. As for the easy super jumps, it takes very little effort to learn the timing to them, especially with all the tutorials out there, such as Ezekiel's.

In conclusion, people need to stop finding a scapegoat to use as to why they cannot steal other people's gems. Put a little effort into learning the jumps before complaining. If you still cannot execute them, then put some more effort it. The way you guys are attacking this is like people attacking UCLA for the way they abuse smallball to win games. Bunting was put into baseball, so UCLA takes advantage of it. Low Wall Jumps and super jumps were put into KoT, so many people, including myself, use it to our advantages.

EDIT: Fixed some grammatical issues.

Edited by Bryce, 29 March 2015 - 02:46 AM.

#2 Zenith

Zenith

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationJupiter

Posted 29 March 2015 - 03:04 AM

True that, this game is not made to be EASY and all these different ways eliminates the power of double disable trap even though double disable trap has a low chance if your damage and gem defense are high enough
King of theives? Think not
Why be a king when you can be a god....

#3 Bryce

Bryce

The Veteran

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1492 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 29 March 2015 - 03:33 AM

True that, this game is not made to be EASY and all these different ways eliminates the power of double disable trap even though double disable trap has a low chance if your damage and gem defense are high enough

I didn't even consider potions, but thanks for adding that information.  :D

#4 Klepto

Klepto

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationDenmark, land of the vikings!

Posted 29 March 2015 - 03:44 AM

^ I love you guys, I second everything you both said.

#5 Reptilian

Reptilian

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 05:20 AM

I second this...
For example.. Lets imagine someone that works hard at the gym.. And a bunch of lazy people that put no effort at the gym... So, with devs logic (if they patch it) the gym instructor will tell the man that works hard "either do not use the weights anymore or do not train that hard"
Shadows Guild - Rocher aka mastermind
Gem count: 2 million
Raider death record: 992

#6 Klepto

Klepto

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationDenmark, land of the vikings!

Posted 29 March 2015 - 05:29 AM

I second this...
For example.. Lets imagine someone that works hard at the gym.. And a bunch of lazy people that put no effort at the gym... So, with devs logic (if they patch it) the gym instructor will tell the man that works hard "either do not use the weights anymore or do not train that hard"

We do however need an official statement on it, the QQ's getting out of hand

#7 gkrit

gkrit

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 05:35 AM

Interesting thread ... but that's all it is.

#8 gkrit

gkrit

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 06:01 AM

sry .. double post but...

just saw your video on how to do this low corner jump.... mmmm .... looks reeeaaal fun, especially that part where you had to speed up time lol

#9 Bryce

Bryce

The Veteran

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1492 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 29 March 2015 - 06:06 AM

sry .. double post but...

just saw your video on how to do this low corner jump.... mmmm .... looks reeeaaal fun, especially that part where you had to speed up time lol

That was the day I learned it. I can easily do it 3/5 times now. Need a video for proof? I hope you come across my base one day. It would make you look like the hypocrite you are, judging by your pathetic post on why to ban this.

#10 gkrit

gkrit

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 06:17 AM

That was the day I learned it. I can easily do it 3/5 times now. Need a video for proof? I hope you come across my base one day. It would make you look like the hypocrite you are, judging by your pathetic post on why to ban this.

I just skip these dungeons now... and lol... you are a true elitist.... congratz.

Laziness is your only argument to keep these in the game. You seem to forget or ignore the fact that a lot of people just don't find it FUN. I don't see how that is connected to "laziness". 

#11 Bryce

Bryce

The Veteran

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1492 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 29 March 2015 - 06:21 AM

I just skip these dungeons now... and lol... you are a true elitist.... congratz.

Laziness is your only argument to keep these in the game. You seem to forget or ignore the fact that a lot of people just don't find it FUN. I don't see how that is connected to "laziness". 

You skip dungeons like mine because you are too lazy to learn the move. It took me a day to become informed enough to make a tutorial, and another 2 days to have a successful majority of my attempts. Many people disagree with your views based off your post, along with the post to ban super jumps. If you can find me 3 valid reasons for both super jumps and TST to disable them, I won't argue with your views. Until then, you haven't put up a counterargument worth discussing.

#12 Bryce

Bryce

The Veteran

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1492 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 29 March 2015 - 06:36 AM

Let me add one more point to my views.

Nobody is forcing anyone to put a super jump or spawn trap in their dungeons. If you get rid of these, us people who like using these two methods are now being forced to do something new. How is it fair that they aren't forced to do something new, but we become forced to do it if they patch it?

#13 gkrit

gkrit

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 06:38 AM

You skip dungeons like mine because you are too lazy to learn the move. It took me a day to become informed enough to make a tutorial, and another 2 days to have a successful majority of my attempts. Many people disagree with your views based off your post, along with the post to ban super jumps. If you can find me 3 valid reasons for both super jumps and TST to disable them, I won't argue with your views. Until then, you haven't put up a counterargument worth discussing.

Nothing I will say will change your view on the matter.

Call me lazy if you want... It don't change the fact that these layouts make for a very repetitive game, which IMO find very boring.

I don't play this game to raid the exact same trap layout every single time (everyday) no matter the dungeon design. I think its exciting seeing new trap layouts, new strategies while utilizing each dungeons unique design.... but I guess this is too much to ask for and therefore makes me lazy.

#14 gkrit

gkrit

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 06:38 AM

Let me add one more point to my views.

Nobody is forcing anyone to put a super jump or spawn trap in their dungeons. If you get rid of these, us people who like using these two methods are now being forced to do something new. How is it fair that they aren't forced to do something new, but we become forced to do it if they patch it?

You're afraid of change ... i get it.

#15 Bryce

Bryce

The Veteran

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1492 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 29 March 2015 - 06:40 AM

Nothing I will say will change your view on the matter.

Call me lazy if you want... It don't change the fact that these layouts make for a very repetitive game, which IMO find very boring.

I don't play this game to raid the exact same trap layout every single time (everyday) no matter the dungeon design. I think its exciting seeing new trap layouts, new strategies while utilizing each dungeons unique design.... but I guess this is too much to ask for and therefore makes me lazy.

I hardly ever see people with a TST. It is such a rare thing for me to find, even at level 30. Most people still are "creative" by coping the database or a picture they found on the forums, but it's whatever. If they ever do patch this, people will just find another scapegoat to bitch at.

#16 Bryce

Bryce

The Veteran

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1492 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 29 March 2015 - 06:43 AM

You're afraid of change ... i get it.

Yep. That's why I quit Runescape, started playing golf, getting surgery, took up skateboarding, switched my choice for majoring in college, and taught myself how to do the TST and super jumps. You're arguments remind me of a 3rd grader. Go take a writing class, learn how to properly form an argument, then gain some rhetorics. Until then, you will sound like a whiny 8 year old.

#17 gkrit

gkrit

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 06:44 AM

I hardly ever see people with a TST. It is such a rare thing for me to find, even at level 30. Most people still are "creative" by coping the database or a picture they found on the forums, but it's whatever. If they ever do patch this, people will just find another scapegoat to bitch at.

funny that .. coz im having quite the opposite experience. 

#18 Bryce

Bryce

The Veteran

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1492 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 29 March 2015 - 06:47 AM

funny that .. coz im having quite the opposite experience. 

What level are you?

#19 gkrit

gkrit

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 06:48 AM

Yep. That's why I quit Runescape, started playing golf, getting surgery, took up skateboarding, switched my choice for majoring in college, and taught myself how to do the TST and super jumps. You're arguments remind me of a 3rd grader. Go take a writing class, learn how to properly form an argument, then gain some rhetorics. Until then, you will sound like a whiny 8 year old.

I dunno whats worse... your condescending tone or berating an assumed 8 yr old ....

continue ... its entertaining.

Edit: Lvl 33

Edited by gkrit, 29 March 2015 - 06:49 AM.

#20 Bryce

Bryce

The Veteran

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1492 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 29 March 2015 - 06:50 AM

I dunno whats worse... your condescending tone or berating an assumed 8 yr old ....

continue ... its entertaining.

Edit: Lvl 33

My condescending tone is because I look down upon you. Everything you have said presents little rhetoric, so I have little respect for you.

EDIT: I'm not berating an 8 year old, I'm berating you for acting like a "whiny 8 year old."

Edited by Bryce, 29 March 2015 - 06:53 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: my, thoughts, low, wall, jump, super, hard, creativity, idea

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users