Photo

All jumps that are now impossible (with new physics)

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 hibaa

hibaa

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 09:51 PM

There are bases I immediately know impossible in new game physics, while some are not so obvious. It'd be good if we have thread showcasing existing jumps that are not now possible.

To start, I'd like to know your opinion (or better, experiment) on the following. And you are more than welcome to add yours in this thread.

1. I know this used to be possible, but now I tried a lot and cannot get out of the red guard. Needs input on its possibility. (According to @EPICI, this red-guard setup is now impossible.)

sQigm8J.jpg

2. Previously if you fall into the pit directly under the cannon, you still have time to get out with a (not so precise) low wall jump. Now low wall jump is impossible. However, this setup is still possible, in two ways – either (1) jump immediately out of door and jump again you can fly over the bullet, or (2), rather than walk into the pit, jump and target at the lower right corner of the pit and jump back to dodge the bullet (thanks to @Somark for the input of method 2).

7K370Fp.jpg

3. I think this saw position now makes it impossible to jump over, since it requires super jump on the lower corner to get high.

LUirpx3.jpg

Edited by hibaa, 09 April 2015 - 02:57 AM.

A Proud (Retired) Member of KotPedia — A Top 10 Guild
(Used to own) 10.7 million gems. Level 249. Blades 30, Red Guard 30, Seeker Bird 30, Cannon 30, Homing Cannon 30, Spinner 30, Ricochet 30.
WS Level 5. GMC MAX, GMS MAX, LPC MAX, LPS MAX, LOCK MAX, SGB MAX, GDC MAX, MERCHANT MAX.

#2 Somark

Somark

Thievery Practitioner

• Watcher
  • 104 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 11:25 PM

Here is another way to do the 2.

IgItNlt.jpg

Edited by Somark, 07 April 2015 - 01:17 AM.

#3 Bryce

Bryce

The Veteran

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1492 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 06 April 2015 - 11:33 PM

Great topic! Hopefully people can be informed on the extent of the new game mechanics.

#4 hibaa

hibaa

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 12:34 AM

This is exactly what I am asking. Previously without the physics change it can be done. Now I cannot do it with quite many tries. I think it is due to the change of the low wall jump patch.

Thank you for the input, though. This thread is intended for people to discuss such things. If you could show vids/pictures to prove its still possible that will be the best! :)

EDIT: oops, I've misread your picture. I tried your way and it works as well! Thanks for the input!

Here is another way to do the 2.

(Sorry, I couldn't upload an image)

Edited by hibaa, 07 April 2015 - 12:41 AM.

(Used to own) 10.7 million gems. Level 249. Blades 30, Red Guard 30, Seeker Bird 30, Cannon 30, Homing Cannon 30, Spinner 30, Ricochet 30.
WS Level 5. GMC MAX, GMS MAX, LPC MAX, LPS MAX, LOCK MAX, SGB MAX, GDC MAX, MERCHANT MAX.

#5 hibaa

hibaa

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 12:34 AM

Thanks! I hope the pro players are not so pissed off by the recent update and can continue to contribute to this game!

Great topic! Hopefully people can be informed on the extent of the new game mechanics.

#6 misterpopo

misterpopo

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:34 AM

excuse this post

Edited by misterpopo, 07 April 2015 - 03:43 AM.

#7 hibaa

hibaa

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 01:39 PM

Another jump which used to be possible is as the pic shows. When dive jump pass the saw, it is pretty easy to do a not so precise low wall jump to avoid the bird. Now I am not sure if the saw + bird combo can be avoided. Can somebody try this and let me know if it is still possible with the post patch physics?

Update: According to @anxietykills, this is combo is still possible!

SwHT9gG.jpg

Edited by hibaa, 09 April 2015 - 04:27 AM.

#8 EPICI

EPICI

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:22 PM

The first one is now impossible, the red guard moves slightly faster than before if you haven't noticed.

We know that there's a delay on jumping which prevents the classic TST from being used.

How about we use that delay to make a different spawn trap?

XcVR1h9.png

You can't jump right away, and are forced to fall. You then have to do some shenanigans to escape, and it's very difficult but possible with the delay. It uses the delay to its advantage.

Yv7csBD.png

Can't save it. Too h4rd.

Voting against democracy?

#9 hibaa

hibaa

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 03:00 AM

Thank you for your input!

For your design, I think it's very awesome! I unfortunately cannot test it since I moved to new one. However, there is a hot discussion today in which you move the Saw three spaces to the right and it is still passable (very hard). Try it, it must be very rewarding. :D

The first one is now impossible, the red guard moves slightly faster than before if you haven't noticed.

We know that there's a delay on jumping which prevents the classic TST from being used.

How about we use that delay to make a different spawn trap?

XcVR1h9.png

You can't jump right away, and are forced to fall. You then have to do some shenanigans to escape, and it's very difficult but possible with the delay. It uses the delay to its advantage.

Yv7csBD.png

Can't save it. Too h4rd.

#10 anxietykills

anxietykills

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 03:26 AM

The one with the saw jump an seeker bird IS possible still. My base incorperates it!

#11 hibaa

hibaa

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 04:28 AM

Thank you for your input! Do you happen to have a screenshot of your saved dungeon?

The one with the saw jump an seeker bird IS possible still. My base incorperates it!

#12 anxietykills

anxietykills

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 02:12 PM

http://imgur.com/vyqEQrM
Here you go. I made this just messing around and i used my own techniques for once instead of copying someone elses. It is designed so that you cant just walk under the homing cannon you have to time your jump right at spawn. I dont know if it is just me but they should make a new page or atleast edit the old one so that the new physics are incorperated into the bases.
(P.S.- I was referring to the altervista page)

Edited by anxietykills, 10 April 2015 - 02:13 PM.

#13 hibaa

hibaa

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:16 PM

Thank you dude!

For the altervista page, I think they did have a distinction of old and new physics. Its just that some bases are not yet tested so they are mis-classified. That's why I started this thread.

http://imgur.com/vyqEQrM
Here you go. I made this just messing around and i used my own techniques for once instead of copying someone elses. It is designed so that you cant just walk under the homing cannon you have to time your jump right at spawn. I dont know if it is just me but they should make a new page or atleast edit the old one so that the new physics are incorperated into the bases.
(P.S.- I was referring to the altervista page)

#14 Skyborn

Skyborn

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 05:59 PM

So is super jump still possible?

#15 DanFariasM

DanFariasM

Peekaboo... ;)

• Elder Watcher
  • 2949 posts
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 01 August 2015 - 07:23 PM

This is an old topic, no they are not possible anymore, except on bases from people that haven't moved since then or the single player levels, which still runs on old physics.

#16 musaib

musaib

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 01:36 AM

How Do that Corner Red guard jump...shows on the first pic layout...

#17 Huse

Huse

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 03:01 PM

How Do that Corner Red guard jump...shows on the first pic layout...

The topic is about jumps that are not possible anymore. You can't do it.

#18 Latelooker

Latelooker

Pickpocket

• Thief
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 02:01 PM

Hey I'm not sure if this dungeon setup I have is still possible, as it's saw jump is not next to a corner. The original spawn jump works, but I can't seem to get past the saw? Is it possible or am I just bad?
Also how do I send pictures?

I guess I'm just asking are edge saw jumps possible when you're sliding into the jump.

Edited by Somark, 23 July 2018 - 06:17 PM.
merged posts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users