Photo

Any good trap layouts for this base (post update)

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Sussu

Sussu

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 03:11 AM

Jw3VRI3.png

#2 Bryce

Bryce

The Veteran

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1492 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 08 April 2015 - 03:20 AM

I have that base right now. Let me post a picture of how I have it post-update. Just give me a second to get on my phone.  :D

#3 Bryce

Bryce

The Veteran

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1492 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 08 April 2015 - 03:35 AM

It is an easy layout, but most people can't 2 star it if your traps are decent levels.
All of mine are level 10 btw.
6RTpkti.png

#4 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 03:41 AM

Option 1

FjS7GS4l.jpg

I'd prolly try something like this.

Saw has a great position in this layout. (haven't personally verified this still works in 2.1 but I believe it should).

Cannon, while not as good as the saw, does well with protecting the climb up, (you can decide on what's the proper length through trial and error)

Seeker Bird, I'm not sure on, but I'd try that configuration first, since the seeker bird can add trouble right out of the door.

Alternate placement could be the reverse with same saw with totem on the right and cannon on the left.

Door on the left would force timing the cannon right away.

Place the seeker bird to make that cannon timing harder or place it near the totem on the right side to force another pass.

#5 Sussu

Sussu

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 03:48 AM

Bryce your base was kinda easy. I made this base if you want to try it out its not too hard but it requires alot of jumps at the right time.

epk2z1E.png

#6 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 03:59 AM

Bryce your base was kinda easy. I made this base if you want to try it out its not too hard but it requires alot of jumps at the right time.

img

Did you try mine at all?

#7 Sussu

Sussu

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 04:01 AM

Yea I did it once but I can't get it twice in a row. I feel that the saw jump is harder than it used to be but it is still possible.

#8 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 04:06 AM

Yea I did it once but I can't get it twice in a row. I feel that the saw jump is harder than it used to be but it is still possible.

How was the seeker bird part?

I got no seeker bird now, and didn't have that layout shape the last time I had a seeker bird, so I never fully got to play with it in that position. How many deaths did it take to not die to the seeker bird early?

Also, what cannon placement ended up being the best combined with the bird placement?

#9 Sussu

Sussu

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 04:20 AM

It only took like 5 or so deaths to get the hang of the seeker bird part but it will trick alot of people because you have to jump right when you start so that when you get to the wall the seeker bird is low enough to jump over if not you will just jump into it.

I used the cannon in the middle because the one on the very top is to easy you don't need any timing you just keep on jumping and the lowest one I think is impossible but it might just be extremely hard. With the one in the middle you can't just keep on jumping on the first run you need to backtrack towards the spawn then its easy to avoid the cannon but it is going to be an awesome post patch base once you can save it with the saw which i was never very good at anyways

#10 LillyAaralyn

LillyAaralyn

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationSomewhere

Posted 08 April 2015 - 04:31 AM

Move the cannon up four spaces and try this, People can't figure out it's a "wall super jump" 

11130175_1430723477237956_87281996100201

11096472_1430723463904624_59594301210287

#11 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 04:45 AM

Move the cannon up four spaces and try this, People can't figure out it's a "wall super jump" 

I do like the red guard placement because it has a small window, however the OP has a seeker bird, cannon, and saw (no red guard)

#12 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 04:48 AM

It only took like 5 or so deaths to get the hang of the seeker bird part but it will trick alot of people because you have to jump right when you start so that when you get to the wall the seeker bird is low enough to jump over if not you will just jump into it.

I used the cannon in the middle because the one on the very top is to easy you don't need any timing you just keep on jumping and the lowest one I think is impossible but it might just be extremely hard. With the one in the middle you can't just keep on jumping on the first run you need to backtrack towards the spawn then its easy to avoid the cannon but it is going to be an awesome post patch base once you can save it with the saw which i was never very good at anyways

I think 5 deaths is pretty good. That's all before seeing the cannon or saw. I find seeker birds better in layouts with tall columns, but your layout doesn't have any.

Thanks for the feedback on the rest of the cannon placements. If I were you, I'd probably test that low position more, just to make sure it's impossible. Because if it isn't, then it's a really good placement.

The saw jump is tough, but I'm sure with practice you'll be able to do it twice in a row =)

#13 Sussu

Sussu

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 05:32 AM

Yea i will continue trying the lower cannon placement but do you have any tips for the saw jump?

#14 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 05:52 AM

Yea i will continue trying the lower cannon placement but do you have any tips for the saw jump?

I haven't tested it in 2.1.

It's a pretty hard jump to get, but good defenses are always like that.

I usually practice it by itself before tackling everyone all together. If I can get it down to 1 in 10 or more, I'll usually move doing all traps after that.

In this particular layout, the jump I would pay attention to is the wall jump to the corner. This is the key jump to get down. I'd use the background graphics (reset by editing if you don't have something to help), to gauge where I would need to wall slide down to jump and make the corner. Once you can hit the corner with consistency, timing the last jump is merely adjusting how much delay upon landing which is far easier when your previous jump is consistent.

It might be easier to practice on the opposite entrance since the door moves you right, then you can flip it once you've got the associated height of the wall jump down.

#15 LillyAaralyn

LillyAaralyn

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationSomewhere

Posted 08 April 2015 - 06:02 AM

Cylence how do you beat the platform buzzsaw? I'v been working at it for a good hour, I always seem to die on the jump D:

#16 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 06:33 AM

Cylence how do you beat the platform buzzsaw? I'v been working at it for a good hour, I always seem to die on the jump D:

Try not to derail this thread. There's already a thread for that combination http://forum.kingoft...saw-trap-combo/

I'm gonna answer you, but next time ask in the appropriate thread.

It is a timing jump and doesn't require any setup jumps. So, all you really need to keep in mind, is that a jump covers a little more than 2 units. Lets say it's 2.2 units.

The window begins with the buzz saw hitbox (smaller than its graphic), and ends with the platform collision box that doesn't let you fall through. I'm gonna use the end point (platform) as a reference and say that it is 1.1 units from the cliff (the ledge left of the saw). We subtract the 2.2 jump distance and this means we need to jump -1.1 units from the cliff (or about 1.1 units left of the cliff).

We now have narrowed the launch area down, and we can begin to test minute changes. Once again try to use background cues to know when to make the jump. Add more delay if you get killed by the saw. Add less delay if you land on the platform. Good Luck.

Edit: Please post this in the platform saw combo thread if you found it helpful.

Edited by Cylence, 08 April 2015 - 06:35 AM.

#17 Jaski

Jaski

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 06:56 AM

Here is mine. Let me know if its any good.

a2c3dVQ.jpg?1

#18 Sussu

Sussu

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:10 AM

I SAVED IT!!!

s8klsOo.png

#19 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:20 AM

I SAVED IT!!!

Gratz!

Did my jump advice help?

Oh, you might want to find time to upgrade your traps. Hopefully you get a layout with a pit (they can defend themselves well with even no traps active).

I should have spent more time upgrading my traps when I had a pit =(

Also, for further reading, I suggest going through my guide. It's main purpose is to help you analyze different layouts and figure out strong positions for individual traps and then to combine them. The link is in my signature "Dungeon Creation 101."

Edit: grammar

Edited by Cylence, 08 April 2015 - 07:22 AM.

#20 Sussu

Sussu

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:24 AM

Thanks and yeah i had to figure out where i needed to jump from without the traps and it was a hundred times easier then. 

I know I need to upgrade my traps its just my previous dungeon I had spinner(lv 16), red guard(lv 13), and homing cannon(lv10) and I was using that base for upgrades so my these traps are weak.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users