20 replies to this topic

#1 OmNom

OmNom

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 27 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:04 PM

So, after doing a great base i decided to test it. All was looking really good: people maximum 1 star it, only ws with 3 pots can do it, though died 7 times. 

Today i was raided by 10 people, 4 leave, 6 of them completed it with 1 star and 2 steal the gem with ******* 5% chance. I dont understand the way it works, but at least its gonna happen approximately 1/20 attacks. 

Maybe im not even gonna post it(just whining) - but when i go retrieve my gems i completed they dungeons three star and even flawwless. And whats wrong with it you may say - 2 respins with 35% chance i cant get them back. Thats all. Share your opinions, maybe im just the "one lucky person"

Edited by OmNom, 18 April 2015 - 05:19 PM.

#2 Baksteen

Baksteen

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:16 PM

Let's clear the obvious first: the amount of times you get raided doesn't have an impact on losing a gem. Every raid it's a new clean chance. That means that theoretically you could lose a gem every raid with only 5% chance and that would only confirm how unlucky you are and how lucky others are.

So let's see what happened... Two of your gems were stolen within ten raids. You seem to be rather unlucky, surely. Now let's put doomed luck against something you don't have any insight in: other people's lack of luck. For all you know it could be their first raid of the day and they've gotten really lucky or this could be their very first time after thousands of raids where they've both won a 5% spin.

What's missing for accurate calculations instead of assumptions? Your total raid log. How many times have you been raided since the beginning and how many times did people succeed and fail at 5%? How many times did those guys fail and succeed at stealing 5%?

Without those numbers nothing can be said other than that you were just really unlucky in a short period of time.

#3 WildMada

WildMada

Thievery Master

• Caught & Executed
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • LocationPotato World

Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:17 PM

I believe "luck" doesn't exist in this game. I feel like if I flawless 20 raids, I'll get 4/20 of the gems. This is my theory how the game works.
If you're a noob the game doesnt want you to quit so they give you good stuff and luck even if it was 5%. A guy died 323 times in my "easy" base and he stole my highest gem in the totem? Luck? Every raid I do its 60%-80% to get the gem and yet I dont get the gems. And if you're pro/good in this game, your luck will be horrible because the game knows you won't quit but you will play more cause you are good and yes this is how I feel the game works.

Edited by WildMada, 18 April 2015 - 05:17 PM.

"You only miss it when it leaves"
Not to KoT.

#4 Baksteen

Baksteen

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:18 PM

Same for retrieving and respinning. How often have you respinned, what chance did you have. How often have you succeeded respinning since the beginning?

Need more statistics to prove either luck or rigged :P

#5 Baksteen

Baksteen

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:21 PM

I believe "luck" doesn't exist in this game. I feel like if I flawless 20 raids, I'll get 4/20 of the gems. This is my theory how the game works.
If you're a noob the game doesnt want you to quit so they give you good stuff and luck even if it was 5%. A guy died 323 times in my "easy" base and he stole my highest gem in the totem? Luck? Every raid I do its 60%-80% to get the gem and yet I dont get the gems. And if you're pro/good in this game, your luck will be horrible because the game knows you won't quit but you will play more cause you are good and yes this is how I feel the game works.

At early levels you will win gems, regardless of chance indicator on spinning wheel. Obviously to motivate to continue playing. Later on it all balances out :)

Well, I say it's balanced because you need hard numbers to prove the game is rigged. Speculation about lucky and unlucky days doesn't prove anything.

#6 OmNom

OmNom

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 27 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:22 PM

Thanks for answers Baksteen and WildMada, ill post later if my "luck" continues)

#7 WildMada

WildMada

Thievery Master

• Caught & Executed
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • LocationPotato World

Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:23 PM

60%-80% to steal the gem, in like 20 raids and yeah I steal 4/20 gems. Doesn't that prove anything or do you need 100 screenshots?
Not to KoT.

#8 xenton

xenton

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:25 PM

I never respin anymore.

seems if you don't get it first try, expect to spend at least 35 gems if you want to try again, more likely 75.

the only time I will EVER try a respin is if is a flawless run for a gem with a fancy border (> 10000) and I have at least a 30% chance

#9 Baksteen

Baksteen

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:33 PM

60%-80% to steal the gem, in like 20 raids and yeah I steal 4/20 gems. Doesn't that prove anything or do you need 100 screenshots?

A 100 screenshots would still prove nothing but streak of luck. Or no luck. If you truly want to find out about messed mechanics you need thousands of statistics, for the duration of at least a month, under different conditions and check if anything is reproducible.

#10 Muriko

Muriko

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:53 PM

A 100 screenshots would still prove nothing but streak of luck. Or no luck. If you truly want to find out about messed mechanics you need thousands of statistics, for the duration of at least a month, under different conditions and check if anything is reproducible.

Unfortunately, this also would not prove anything because... orbs.

#11 osamh

osamh

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 11:48 PM

I really feel lucky i just steal a 12000 gem with 5%

#12 OmNom

OmNom

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 27 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 19 April 2015 - 06:29 AM

Just stole a 6k and 8k with 5%, seems like deal, compared to yesterday:)

#13 OmNom

OmNom

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 27 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 19 April 2015 - 11:33 AM

Now I steal every silver lined gem that I encounter, no matter its 5% or 70%, this game makes fun of me)
So just bad days and good days, I cannot argue with the random anymore

#14 WildMada

WildMada

Thievery Master

• Caught & Executed
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • LocationPotato World

Posted 19 April 2015 - 06:34 PM

It's rigged, just got my highest gem of the totem stolen by a golden blaze who died 108 times.This is annoying.
Not to KoT.

#15 DarkLink

DarkLink

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationThe Twilight Realm

Posted 19 April 2015 - 06:44 PM

It's rigged, just got my highest gem of the totem stolen by a golden blaze who died 108 times.This is annoying.

I'm seriously getting bored of the same old "It's rigged!" over and over...

My awesome dragons! Please click on them: DarkLink25.png

(Its not spam: Google "dragon cave". The first thing that comes up is the same website. You can also look at the thread in "off topic" known as "I am hoping to hatch a new baby thief out of the egg in my signature!")

#16 Twistoffate

Twistoffate

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationIn a deep forest, far, far away

Posted 19 April 2015 - 06:57 PM

I'm seriously getting bored of the same old "It's rigged!" over and over...

I'm getting tired of having to spend 108 orbs to 100% confirm my gems doesn't get stolen when someone fails miserably

Edited by Twistoffate, 19 April 2015 - 08:18 PM.

#17 Bryson

Bryson

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationYour Dungeon, Possibly defending it with my life

Posted 04 May 2015 - 02:35 AM

I get your frustration with it but I'm more annoyed with the fact that no matter how high of a gem defense I'll have and even if they have a 0% boost to gem steal chance they will always have at least a 5% chance to get my stuff.

#18 GrriZzly

GrriZzly

Alpha Male

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • Locationwooden to gods

Posted 04 May 2015 - 02:36 AM

I knew OmNom looked familiar :P you raided me pal, gg.

THE HELPER :D

He's the hero the forum deserves, but doesn't need.

#19 RighteousHD

RighteousHD

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationMcHenry, Illinois

Posted 04 May 2015 - 03:29 AM

How do I add pics in the threads I make?

#20 GrriZzly

GrriZzly

Alpha Male

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • Locationwooden to gods

Posted 04 May 2015 - 04:02 AM

Go to imgur.com click on upload, then you choose a file, then once its done make it a BB code and copy and paste :D this will help out more buddy

http://forum.kingoft...-post-pictures/

Edited by GrriZzly, 04 May 2015 - 04:05 AM.

THE HELPER :D

He's the hero the forum deserves, but doesn't need.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users