#1 JackBowe

JackBowe

The Guru.

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEngland.

Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:22 AM

There has been an increasing amount if forum games, and some are getting a bit less creative and slightly more incongruous than previously.

I going to set a few ground rules, so to speak.

1) Each game must have a purpose and the people posting on the game must accompany that, even though this is a more relaxed sub forum, spamming still isn't tolerated.

2) If I close a certain type of forum game, and any poster who replied to that thread, and willingly made a new one after the warning and thus didn't comply with the warning given by a watcher, such as myself or any other member of staff, an infraction will be given.

3) If your thread happens to be closed without a reason, it's because it violates one of these forum rules, we most likely will provide a reason, but if it isn't deemed necessary, just know you did something wrong and should of abided by the rules put into place.

4) Follow all the general forum rules (here). This applies to every sub forum, even the more relaxed and chill ones.

We do want you to have fun within the forum games, but please, keep them realistic and purposeful. :)
If, in a situation of injustice, you choose neutrality, you're choosing the side of the oppressor.
The problem with most of us these days is we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism.

Posted Image

#2 T.J.

T.J.

The first Watcher

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1150 posts
  • LocationChamber of Watchers

Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:26 AM

Here Here! have fun guys :) 

#3 Bloblo65

Bloblo65

The One and Only King of Thieves

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1786 posts
  • LocationI'm right behind you. Don't bother turning though. I'll be gone before you do...

Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:28 AM

Do you think there could be a section of the forum where posts are not counted, so we could do something like the 'count to infinity' thread? It was actually quite fun
Posted Image
There is no pleasure more complex than that of thought and we surrendered ourselves to it.

#4 JackBowe

JackBowe

The Guru.

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEngland.

Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:30 AM

Do you think there could be a section of the forum where posts are not counted, so we could do something like the 'count to infinity' thread? It was actually quite fun

It was a possibility that crossed my mind, however, no. We do like the relaxation we have here, and it's up to you to abide the rules put into place. And it's also hard to embed into a forum. As long as the thread serves an actual purpose, you should have no problem, though. We're not saying we can't add it in the future, though!

We all noticed you adore your forum games ;)
If, in a situation of injustice, you choose neutrality, you're choosing the side of the oppressor.
The problem with most of us these days is we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism.

Posted Image

#5 Liammagoo

Liammagoo

Wow, thanks

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • LocationEarth, Space

Posted 28 February 2015 - 08:26 PM

It was a possibility that crossed my mind, however, no. We do like the relaxation we have here, and it's up to you to abide the rules put into place. And it's also hard to embed into a forum. As long as the thread serves an actual purpose, you should have no problem, though.
We all noticed you adore your forum games ;)

Technically, 'Watch out for the watchers' nullifies what you said, as the goal on that is to count as high as you can (Effectivley, count to infinity). What makes that more special than the other 'Count to x' threads?

#6 JackBowe

JackBowe

The Guru.

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEngland.

Posted 28 February 2015 - 08:29 PM

Technically, 'Watch out for the watchers' nullifies what you said, as the goal on that is to count as high as you can (Effectivley, count to infinity). What makes that more special than the other 'Count to x' threads?

The fact that it has a goal to avoid a group of people, and get to the highest point with an obstacle. The count to infinity would never stop, it'd just go on and on. This one allows us to have fun with you guys and have a little sense of rivalry between the two groups to see if you can beat us. :)

Posted Image

#7 Theif

Theif

Thievery Practitioner

• Thief
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:09 PM

Well, you beat us.

The fact that it has a goal to avoid a group of people, and get to the highest point with an obstacle. The count to infinity would never stop, it'd just go on and on. This one allows us to have fun with you guys and have a little sense of rivalry between the two groups to see if you can beat us. :)

Especially Blizzard...

THEIF:

An outcast trying to reclaim the King's throne.

The only one, who can stop the King's rule, once and for all.

Oh, and by the way, she's a girl.

signatur_5_animatedjzs8w.gif

#8 Blizzard

Blizzard

Winter is coming...

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 05 March 2015 - 12:13 AM

Well, you beat us.

Especially Blizzard...

Hehe, I'm always here...even if you don't see me....

I'm WATCHING you, bud.

Posted Image Posted Image

#9 thepoorthief

thepoorthief

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 1 posts
  • Locationin your dungeon, playing chess with your red guard. Who knew red guards played chess?

Posted 23 April 2015 - 02:03 AM

OKAY!

on my way to gaming dominance, but for now, i'll stick with thievery.

#10 DarkLink

DarkLink

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationThe Twilight Realm

Posted 23 April 2015 - 02:10 AM

thepoorthief, why does your post count say "0"? You have obviously made at least one post.

My awesome dragons! Please click on them: DarkLink25.png

(Its not spam: Google "dragon cave". The first thing that comes up is the same website. You can also look at the thread in "off topic" known as "I am hoping to hatch a new baby thief out of the egg in my signature!")

#11 thepoorthief

thepoorthief

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 1 posts
  • Locationin your dungeon, playing chess with your red guard. Who knew red guards played chess?

Posted 23 April 2015 - 02:35 AM

Dunno. I am new, and I have made other posts in the past. Thanks, darklink.

#12 JackBowe

JackBowe

The Guru.

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEngland.

Posted 23 April 2015 - 06:46 AM

It's because posts don't count in forum games anymore. :)

Posted Image

#13 thepoorthief

thepoorthief

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 11:35 PM

WHY????

#14 EPICI

EPICI

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:36 PM

Thanks to the devs?

Hehe, I'm always here...even if you don't see me....

I'm WATCHING you, bud.

rcU8CVS.jpgrcU8CVS.jpgrcU8CVS.jpgrcU8CVS.jpgrcU8CVS.jpgrcU8CVS.jpgrcU8CVS.jpgrcU8CVS.jpgrcU8CVS.jpgrcU8CVS.jpg

Voting against democracy?

#15 thepoorthief

thepoorthief

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:55 PM

oh sure...

#16 Gamertron7500

Gamertron7500

The Red Dragon

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 837 posts
  • LocationIn my world...

Posted 21 July 2015 - 06:45 PM

WHY????

The reason why they've disabled posts being counted here is that people could use this topic to "farm posts", therefore, having a high post count. Also, lots of people tend to go here from time to time so they make quite a lot of posts.

I would also like to point out the fact that some people are making new games that's already been made. For example, the thread [Game] Steal the Gem has already been made and someone else made a game called Stealing the Gem, which, in like any other circumstances, it's exactly the same game.

My advice to everyone is to take a brief look at the threads that's already been made to see if your idea hasn't been taken. If not, make a thread about it. If you want to make a game but you're not sure if it's going to be good or not, I guess you could send me a message to have a look at it or, if preferably, talk to a watcher, ok?

Try before you buy!

Edited by Gamertron7500, 21 July 2015 - 06:46 PM.

#17 Segaco

Segaco

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 20 December 2015 - 08:42 PM

I suggest you make a sub forum for forum games,

The serious games would go to a subforum

And the ones that are threads like: "Count into infinity" "steal the gem", etc to another subforum.

What do you think?

#18 JackBowe

JackBowe

The Guru.

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEngland.

Posted 27 December 2015 - 11:50 AM

I personally believe it's fine how it is, as they're all forum games after all - and I also believe it may confuse certain people (especially new forum members) as to where each game is and belongs.

Posted Image

#19 Gamertron7500

Gamertron7500

The Red Dragon

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 837 posts
  • LocationIn my world...

Posted 31 December 2015 - 01:18 AM

If a game receives a lot of posts from different people, but the posts that's made fits within the purpose of the game, will that be counted as spam?

I've been roleplaying with Sotherogue and playersxd recently and we all take turns making posts, so hopefully that we're not spamming it as we're actually roleplaying.

#20 Sotherogue

Sotherogue

god tier

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2104 posts
  • Locationfucking yo thot

Posted 31 December 2015 - 01:23 AM

If a game receives a lot of posts from different people, but the posts that's made fits within the purpose of the game, will that be counted as spam?
I've been roleplaying with Sotherogue and playersxd recently and we all take turns making posts, so hopefully that we're not spamming it as we're actually roleplaying.

Lol it's fine I think.

giphy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users