Thievery Master

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:21 AM

Tutorials, resources, and more.
Notes:
- Read the bottom for a special tutorial. Its VERY cool and helpful!
- A red star icon before a link (*) means it's a must see page. If you're going to look at any of these, look at those first.
- These sites were found on the internet simply by searching. I take no credit on any of these sites.
- Think you know more? Post here!
- Comments or questions? Feel free to post here or private message me.
- Each site's name is linked to the site.
- Make something you think is awesome? Post here or pm me.

Misc links:
New to photoshop? No problem! Click here.

*TutsPlus[Part of the Envato Network] - This site has many sites with-in it. There's psdtutsvectortuts(Adobe Illustrator), nettuts (HTML), aetuts (Adobe After Effects), and audiotuts. You should look into being a plus+ member of them because it only costs a minimal price of $9. You get source files and bonus tutorials which is well worth it if you are just learning photoshop.

Tutorial9 - This is a small yet useful site with Photoshop and Photography tutorials, and also some freebies here and there. Plus, they give free source files.

PhotoshopFiles - Free PSD files.

*DeviantArt - Good for inspiration, files, etc. They have whatever you want, wallpapers, files, icons, etc. There's even a shop where you can buy cool looking prints. Make SURE you check it out.

SmashingApps - Free and useful resources.

*SmashingMagazine - Great tutorials, inspiration, and resources - with freebies.

Abduzeedo - Good tutorials, wallpapers, and some inspiration.

tutorialmagazine - Free tutorials for Photoshop, Illustrator and Flash

*myphotoshopbrushes - Free photoshop brushesstyles and gradientspatternsshapes, and help with installing things to photoshop.

*dafont - Free fonts

fawnt - Top 50 free fonts

pictaculous - A great system, you upload a photo and it gives you multiple colors that work well from the photo. Great if you're wondering what you should color.

ColorSchemeDesigner - Similar to Pictaculous. Pick a color on the color wheel and it gives you the same color in different shades, very helpful.

Photobucket - Great place to upload your pictures and videos. You can also make slide-shows. Just sign up for a free account and you have your own album. You can make it public or private. By having an album, you can keep all your photos together.

Tinypic - Use this for quickly uploading your images or videos. No user needed, preferable to one-time pictures. It's hard to keep your links. Imgur is also a very useful website.

Kuler - Color swatches (sets of colors that work well together)

ColorPicker - Pick some colors and get a hex code.

Again, I take no credit in any of these websites as they are not mine. This is just a general resource thread of links that I find helpful for photoshop and GFX. Hopefully this comes in handy for all the graphic designers out there!

Posted Image Posted Image

#2 AnAFKNoob

AnAFKNoob

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationStraya

Posted 28 February 2015 - 08:50 AM

Nice guide, Im very experienced with Photoshop and i have a few websites up my sleeve but those are really nice!

hi

#3 Blizzard

Blizzard

Thievery Master

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 28 February 2015 - 11:13 PM

Nice guide, Im very experienced with Photoshop and i have a few websites up my sleeve but those are really nice!

Glad you enjoyed it. If you would be interested I would love for you to post the resources that you use.

#4 Bloblo65

Bloblo65

The One and Only King of Thieves

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1786 posts
  • LocationI'm right behind you. Don't bother turning though. I'll be gone before you do...

Posted 01 March 2015 - 05:51 AM

There are some apps that I use since I don't have a pc, one of them is fused, it allows you to take different parts of two pictures and combine them. Another is brushstroke, that allows you to add some cool paint-like effects and change the colors of a picture, and finally, there is ProCam XL, which has many filters and some other effects like blurring, adjusting different color values, etc.
For my profile pic I used fused to put the thief in the keyhole, then brushstroke to give it a smooth look, like they are part of the same picture.
Posted Image
There is no pleasure more complex than that of thought and we surrendered ourselves to it.

#5 Zero

Zero

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 06:24 PM

Now where is the free Photoshop? lol

Rawr!

2lkcm7m.gif

#6 Blizzard

Blizzard

Thievery Master

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 08 March 2015 - 07:51 PM

Now where is the free Photoshop? lol

Hah, I wish!

I added some more hopefully useful links for people to use when trying to learn GFX.

Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users