#1 JackBowe

JackBowe

The Guru.

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEngland.

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:03 PM

I'm creating this thread with a final stance in this post.

Reporting hackers is appreciated, we encourage you to do it, and we do eradicate the hackers. We have to look into the issue, though, to actually remove the exploit that was causing players to be able to actually make these bases. Which takes a bit of time, as of now, all bases which have doors and totems in walls can't be made anymore, so if you see any, PM me or Chervey (or email support) a picture of the base with the name attached, and we'll get right on fixing it.

But making an uproar on the forums solves nothing, we close/remove the threads about hacks because it violates the forum rules, talking about glitches and hacks is against rule number 7: No free orbs, hacking or bug abuse, third party sites and apps, illegal activities or any other discussions of this sort will be dealt with accordingly. If you can't follow this within your threads, don't make one. We don't want the exploits being spreaded anymore than between the player who found it, the player who made it, and the staff members they reported it to, to keep what you want in place. Which is a minimal amount of hacked bases.

Whether you see it or not, we get rid of hacked bases as fast as we can, and then try to find the exploit which allows them to do that, and we've already got rid of quite a few of them. You just have to be patient.

You can now report dungeons and player IN-GAME - by using the report button (a triangle with an exclamation point) next to their name when viewing their dungeon; only use it when it's absolutely necessary! :)

Topics of hacks, glitches, bugs or anything of the sort won't be tolerated, no matter how serious the matter, warning given to the topic starter as one of their threads has already been removed for this exact reason. I'll simply close this thread instead of deleting this to allow anyone who has similar thoughts and wants to know our official stance, I can simply re-direct them here.

If, in a situation of injustice, you choose neutrality, you're choosing the side of the oppressor.
The problem with most of us these days is we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism.

Posted Image

#2 EvilLost

EvilLost

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:16 PM

Getting rid of hackers is perfectly fine and having such a stance on this topic is also perfectly fine.

BUT, shutting down a topic just because it uses the word "hack" without any ACTUAL DISCUSSION OF HACKS is absurd. And you are giving out warnings for "SPAMMING" when you claim people are violating your ridiculous hack rules for the mere use of the word 'hack'.

Do you really want every player to screenshot your staff every base the player can't figure out [even if the base is possible]?  You guys have a staff large enough to handle something so trivial? Obviously, you don't. Let players help each other out and if a player on the forum tells me the base is "truly impossible" then of course it will be forwarded to your staff.

It is an absurd waste of your own resources to attempt and monitor every single base on a case by case basis.

#3 JackBowe

JackBowe

The Guru.

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEngland.

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:24 PM

The rules are simple, don't talk about anything hack related. If you can't follow that, don't make a thread. And if we have to go through something so trivial, we would be happy too, it's what we do.

There are more than enough of us to look into bases, and we would be happy to do so.
If, in a situation of injustice, you choose neutrality, you're choosing the side of the oppressor.
The problem with most of us these days is we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism.

Posted Image

#4 DanFariasM

DanFariasM

Peekaboo... ;)

• Elder Watcher
  • 2940 posts
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:53 PM

Now, and for clarification purposes (and to see if some of us have to switch our layout), what exactly is considered a bug/glitch/hack? Is the jump/spawn inconsistency legal? (or however you call it, to die while going up so the entering animation is slightly different next life) Saw jumps? Wooden platforms with just a tip outside the wall? That weird midair platform jump? The slide jump that one guy posted? Snipe jumps?

I know traps too close to the door or actual doors or totems behind walls are out of the table, but what about that other stuff? None of those jumps have been openly neither aproved nor forbidden.

Those jumps are made without using anything more than the game itself (and I'm asuming that to put the totem and stuff behind walls you have to, since I guess it's not possible by "normal" ways), no sneaky things, but I just whant to know what things we are able to use and what things we shouldn't so we don't face any "unfair" ban or something.

Edited by DanFariasM, 30 April 2015 - 11:02 PM.

#5 JackBowe

JackBowe

The Guru.

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEngland.

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:59 PM

If it's possible, you can use it. If it requires any form of exploitation, it isn't. That's all there is to it, if a player can clear your base when raiding, no matter how tough, you're allowed to have it.

However, asking if bases are impossible is fine, but when you start complaining, and then discussing the hacks, it's not.

Posted Image

#6 DanFariasM

DanFariasM

Peekaboo... ;)

• Elder Watcher
  • 2940 posts
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:02 PM

Thanks for the reply :)

#7 anxietykills

anxietykills

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:06 PM

Gettem jackey;)

#8 Saint Santo

Saint Santo

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:20 PM

JackBowe the chest/door in walls exploit fix is already on? Or will be on after the next patch?

#9 JackBowe

JackBowe

The Guru.

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEngland.

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:21 PM

It's fixed, it's just a matter of eradicating the ones already made.

Posted Image

#10 GrriZzly

GrriZzly

Alpha Male

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Locationwooden to gods

Posted 01 May 2015 - 04:37 AM

Good bye Skill-Shadows, praise the lord, sing along with me brethren, Uh jesus, sweet jesus! Hallelujah!

THE HELPER :D

He's the hero the forum deserves, but doesn't need.

#11 Blobo Blaggins

Blobo Blaggins

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts
  • LocationCrawling through your knickers and rifling through your pocketses

Posted 01 May 2015 - 12:56 PM

I was gonna say, someone should just send them a screenshot of the Skill-Shadows guild. 90% of the hacked bases would disappear right then and there if they cleaned out that den of cheaters.

#12 Liammagoo

Liammagoo

Wow, thanks

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • LocationEarth, Space

Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:29 PM

The amount of 'Is x hacking' threads here now are getting pretty absurd. I don't know about the others, but I will lock every thread AND warn the creator if you attempt to post anything involving hacks, or talking about cheats. Don't do it! We are aware of everything and it's being fixed and destroyed, and cheaters will be punished.
It's not fun to cheat anyway, I feel only people who can't play a game where you tap the screen would do such a thing.

#13 chipshill

chipshill

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 10:45 PM

So are we allowed to post a Base pic asking for opinions on its possibility without saying the H word? I just failed one after 40 of mins of trying but couldn't reach it, even trying old super jumps which I can pull off with ease (well, could do in old bases). The ghost also couldn't reach and gave up after 5 mins and sat there for 15 without moving or disconnection. I have a pic of the Base but obviously don't have his name to report it...?

#14 JoshNZ

JoshNZ

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 12:51 AM

+1 on the Skill-shadows guys, would be good to see that guild looked into... I sent Zepto an e-mail about it yesterday, they got back to me today saying they'll look into it. No action yet but will be patient

#15 GrriZzly

GrriZzly

Alpha Male

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Locationwooden to gods

Posted 02 May 2015 - 02:17 AM

The thing is skill-shadows need to be more then looked into they need to be banned. I hope they do soon, i would love to see their reactions when they get a notification saying they are banned :P bet theyll send complains saying i got banned for "no reason."

Edited by GrriZzly, 02 May 2015 - 02:17 AM.

THE HELPER :D

He's the hero the forum deserves, but doesn't need.

#16 Joni

Joni

Cynic

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationBehind brown locks

Posted 02 May 2015 - 04:18 AM

I'm sorry, but you are a joke and you deserve all of the "hacked base" comments you have here in the forums.

I personally reported a specific player having an impossible "hacked" base, more than a week ago. I was told this is being taken care of. At this very moment this specific player is fusing 3 of his 30k+ gems in an impossible base. During the last week I know he raided many other players who did not have a chance to retrieve their gem, and has climbed quickly in his league, effectively taking the other participants' deserved orbs. I do not know what other kind of cheats he is employing, but it stands to reason that he possibly harmed the other players in other different ways I am not aware of.

You should have banned this player immediately after being reported (by me, and I am sure many others). People are spending real money on your game to get some form of advantage, and they get cheated out of this advantage by players who you refuse to address properly. You should learn how to treat your customers with respect instead of silencing them when they are unhappy about your (lack of) action regarding this issue. You are displaying here extremely poor customer service.

I hope you will take this comment into consideration and change they way you respond to your customers in the future.

I have a bunch of gems. Also - I belong in a guild.

(that also has a bunch of gems which determine its rank related to other guilds that have a bunch of gems as well)

#17 manzana

manzana

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 04:43 AM

I'm sorry, but you are a joke and you deserve all of the "hacked base" comments you have here in the forums.

I personally reported a specific player having an impossible "hacked" base, more than a week ago. I was told this is being taken care of. At this very moment this specific player is fusing 3 of his 30k+ gems in an impossible base. During the last week I know he raided many other players who did not have a chance to retrieve their gem, and has climbed quickly in his league, effectively taking the other participants' deserved orbs. I do not know what other kind of cheats he is employing, but it stands to reason that he possibly harmed the other players in other different ways I am not aware of.

You should have banned this player immediately after being reported (by me, and I am sure many others). People are spending real money on your game to get some form of advantage, and they get cheated out of this advantage by players who you refuse to address properly. You should learn how to treat your customers with respect instead of silencing them when they are unhappy about your (lack of) action regarding this issue. You are displaying here extremely poor customer service.

I hope you will take this comment into consideration and change they way you respond to your customers in the future.

I agree totally with you, but should to know the mostly player what you see posting as Staff are Watchers, and they're just the visible face of the game and game creators here in the forum. They can't do more than communicate with the high level staff and send your problem/release. They evidently want the same thing all of us.

I think the only thing we can do for now is wait.

Edited by manzana, 02 May 2015 - 04:52 AM.

I9QgTwg.jpg
Need help with jumps?

#18 Kengis

Kengis

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 06:07 AM

I'm so glad that I'm not the only guy reporting on dubious dungeons setup by skill-shadows players. I have personally sent in 2 screenshots to the devs and was told it will be looked into. I normally doesn't have issue with "h" in other games, but exploiting h in kof might deny the opportunity for other players performing in the league and getting the rewards in a deserving way. (talking about them safely putting expensive gems to ritual without fear of even getting 5% raids, or them denying any chance of retrieving gems)

For staff- I'm not sure if it is mentioned anywhere but I would like to know your stance on punishment for hackers, till now all I have read is their exploit will be removed. I know very well the repercussion for putting bans on players using h, but some form of deterrence should be in place to prevent more of the exploit. No game is perfect in preventing exploits, but some fear in punishment would be a good second line of defense.

You guys are doing a great job with the game so far, judging by the prompt reply I've gotten for reporting. Looking forward to the next update.

#19 JackBowe

JackBowe

The Guru.

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEngland.

Posted 02 May 2015 - 10:24 AM

They will be caught and executed, players hacking will be banned in game. We are well beware of Skill-Shadows, one of our mods found the guild first, and I can assure you, they will be dealt with.

Posted Image

#20 Aristo

Aristo

The Noob

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed

Posted 02 May 2015 - 12:14 PM

They will be caught and executed, players hacking will be banned in game. We are well beware of Skill-Shadows, one of our mods found the guild first, and I can assure you, they will be dealt with.

You said hacking :o
Hey look, that Aristo guy is posting on all the threads again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users