86 replies to this topic

#21 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 05:25 AM

Great for beginners and advanced alike, I recommend a read. ;)

Thanks JackBowe, hopefully I'll have time to do the last section.

#22 Muhan

Muhan

Thievery Practitioner

• Thief
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:16 AM

great topic . please do not stop :)

#23 Tux2025

Tux2025

Pickpocket

• Thief
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:40 AM

What I like to do and what works for me in my dungeons is putting most of my traps near the door then leaving one trap near the totem in a strategic spot where the thief needs to becareful or risk starting all over again and it really works for me.If I had to count up and put the amount of times a thief raids me and gets 3stars I had to say 1/23 thieves

#24 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:43 PM

What I like to do and what works for me in my dungeons is putting most of my traps near the door then leaving one trap near the totem in a strategic spot where the thief needs to becareful or risk starting all over again and it really works for me.If I had to count up and put the amount of times a thief raids me and gets 3stars I had to say 1/23 thieves

I'm glad that has been working for you.

Your last trap near the totems sounds like it is in a great position. Do the other traps hold well when one of them are disabled? If not, then I still think there's room for improvement.

How many times do you get 2 starred? or even 1 starred? Have you encountered a maxed white shadow with 300 health and a disable potion? If your upgrades aren't high enough, they can die 7 times and have a run at your base with one trap active and still possibly get 3 stars.

I think you should aim for a base that holds everyone at 1 star or less. =)

#25 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:48 PM

great topic . please do not stop :)

Hi Muhan,

I finished the last section (104) and it is pretty much done. =)

#26 Lohanaa

Lohanaa

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 02:10 PM

Im desperate ... Im not Able to Save that Layout :-(

I can perform superjumps easily but this low Jump is rly Impossible :-(

#27 relivnce

relivnce

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 03:16 PM

Same here. I can't use more then 1 finger on my iPhone 5 when I try to do the double click. The Phone only allow 2 quick double taps at the same position on my display. Is there a way to disable that? I think the low corner jump is nearly impossible with only one hand..

#28 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 03:47 PM

If you guys don't have the fingerspeed to do a very fast double tap, then you'll need to work on that first.

relivnce, I use two fingers, but both of them aren't pressing the screen at the same time. In sequence, I would use my right thumb to start, wait, then use my left thumb, then my right thumb. Each move a tap and lift (no two fingers on at the same time)

Here's a video by DrShadows

#29 relivnce

relivnce

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 04:24 PM

Ahh, damn.. Solved the problem i had.

Thanks for this incredibly useful Thread and big respect to your Layout!

#30 EllisDee

EllisDee

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 02:05 AM

Just curious but I think on some devices the low corner jump may be impossible. I'm wondering if people that use bluestacks may be saving their dungeons with these very fast jumps with ease. Any1 here using bluestacks?

#31 EllisDee

EllisDee

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 02:05 AM

Double post

#32 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 04:10 AM

Just curious but I think on some devices the low corner jump may be impossible. I'm wondering if people that use bluestacks may be saving their dungeons with these very fast jumps with ease. Any1 here using bluestacks?

I'm on an iphone 5 and can complete it just fine.

I understand your concern that people may have an advantage by having a newer device. There's no real proof of it though. One can argue having a slower device is an advantage because the video renders slower and you have more of a window to perform a double tap.

This game isn't fair. It's a pay to win game. And even if it wasn't, whoever can put in more time in the day will have an advantage. Just try to find as much fun as you can and try not to worry if people are cheating or have an advantage. =)

#33 Eliseo

Eliseo

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 04:30 AM

Very informative and very helpful also I learned a lot from this and it should help improve my dungeons from now on
Pug nation

#34 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:56 AM

Very informative and very helpful also I learned a lot from this and it should help improve my dungeons from now on

I'm glad you learned a lot =).

I'm always learning. I just found a better placement for the layout with 2 columns leading into a bottom pit and added it:

Edit: Discovered a better placement. Totem in the left most open, and the door hanging on the left edge of the second column. This would force the user to encounter both entrances to the pit and have to come back for a minimum of 3 chances to fall in the pit.

#35 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:49 PM

Just found out there's a disappearing platform.

Added it to the list of features

• disappearing platform - same as the platform, except that after you land on it, it'll disappear. (if you land on one edge, you will have enough time make a long jump off the other edge before it disappears)

#36 Spekil

Spekil

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 11:09 PM

This is a masterpiece. I think that whoever follows your directions will be one of the most wanted thief.

#37 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 04:24 PM

This is a masterpiece. I think that whoever follows your directions will be one of the most wanted thief.

Thanks for the compliment, Spekil.

I just hope I see some cool dungeons and creative trap positioning.

The gem collection system doesn't really interest me as much as figuring out how to get through and create cool dungeons.

#38 Delekates

Delekates

Wasabi

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 03:25 AM

yea but no explanation on performance. Besides half of em arent even close to "trick". Another trashcan with info,

#39 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 05:23 PM

yea but no explanation on performance. Besides half of em arent even close to "trick". Another trashcan with info,

I was just listing movements with no requirement for them to be "tricks." Although you might not consider moves like jumping to slow down vs walking as not worthy of the title, "trick," I still think it will be useful to players who are unaware of it.

I'm not sure what you mean by "no explanation on performance." I can only guess that it meant that you wanted step by step instructions with image guidelines of when/where to jump for the techniques I listed in section 102. That list was only to show what was possible, leaving the reader to discover execution by practicing in edit mode/raids. The main purpose of the topic was to give guidelines on how to think when creating the dungeon:

• know whats possible and practice
  • how to look at a layout
  • testing traps individually first then combining them

Execution would be good to know and maybe I'll spend some time going over each, but probably in another topic, since this one is lengthy enough already.

#40 Delekates

Delekates

Wasabi

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:42 PM

lol then u need to do a FAQ not a dungeon help list imo.
dont think i disrespect or something. U did something, its alrdy very much in these times.
but imo, useless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users