Photo

Increase variety of dungeons with this simple idea.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Reptilian

Reptilian

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 12:10 AM

Hi fellows.
I was meditating, becoming one with the mother nature, when suddenly the answer showed clothless to me.
Lets just simply add the posibility to choose the direction of the door. If we tap the door in edit mode, it should turn either to the left or right.

Thanks!
Shadows Guild - Rocher aka mastermind
Gem count: 2 million
Raider death record: 992

#2 usb

usb

Unlucky Thief

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 08 March 2017 - 12:28 AM

And an arrow pointing the direction... This was suggested before, but I liked it. +1

Debugger | Lv71 | 23.8M Gems | Extraordinarios br _ Batatomate | Lv33 | 1.9M Gems | Stargate Atlantis

xvPrcxB.jpg

Contact me on Telegram: @Debug

#3 Sotherogue

Sotherogue

sauce god

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2109 posts
  • Locationachieving peace

Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:40 AM

Some dungeons were build directly with right in mind... but I don't see a problem with this.

Although your reasoning isn't correct: any jump that can be done right can be done left, so this wouldn't change variety much.

giphy.gif

#4 Fezzik

Fezzik

Giant

• Elder Watcher
  • 1052 posts
  • Locationbehind the boulder... waiting for the man in black

Posted 08 March 2017 - 06:32 AM

Some dungeons were build directly with right in mind... but I don't see a problem with this.

Although your reasoning isn't correct: any jump that can be done right can be done left, so this wouldn't change variety much.

All dungeons are built with the thief going right in mind, because that's the only way the thief goes now.  The idea is to allow the dungeon creator to specify which direction the thief leaves the door.  It would absolutely add variety, because most dungeons are not symmetrical.  Going left would open the door, so to speak, for a lot of new spawn traps that were not possible before.  And incidentally, the game is not entirely symmetrical.  Some path dependent jumps are possible from right to left, but not left to right, and vice versa.

I still prefer the idea where the dungeon designer could flip and rotate entire terrains.  That would create the possibility for all the extra spawn traps a left-facing door would create (mirrored of course), plus so much more. And you still wouldn't have to pay attention to which way the door was going to work when you raided.

#5 Rachid

Rachid

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Location51.507, 3.62171

Posted 08 March 2017 - 02:34 PM

I still prefer the idea where the dungeon designer could flip and rotate entire terrains.  That would create the possibility for all the extra spawn traps a left-facing door would create (mirrored of course), plus so much more. And you still wouldn't have to pay attention to which way the door was going to work when you raided.

I don't think this is completely right, because if you'd start running left, the Spinner would act differently. It will still spin clock wise, creating new (spawn) traps, which you'll not get with only flipping dungeons.
MzDGziC.jpg

#6 ZelevenZ11

ZelevenZ11

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:16 PM

The spinner will be the main difference.
Maybe the homing canon as well (it doesn't shoot at you as I've experienced).
But I don't think there will be a lot more differences. Maybe a few...?

I'm hosting "Fight to survive!", if you're interested to play FtS! be sure to check out the forum games section :D

#7 Fezzik

Fezzik

Giant

• Elder Watcher
  • 1052 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:23 PM

I don't think this is completely right, because if you'd start running left, the Spinner would act differently. It will still spin clock wise, creating new (spawn) traps, which you'll not get with only flipping dungeons.

Ah, I didn't consider the spin direction of the blue guards. Good point.

#8 Aluce

Aluce

In Wonderland

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Windmills and Tulips

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:43 PM

Fezzik was probably referring to saw jumps, when mentioning that door flips wouldn't be exactly the same as flipping the base blocks.

As for flipping bases... I'd personally be much more interested in the ability to flip bases vertically

Posted Image 181,000,000 | Jedi Mind Tricks "Give a man a fire and he is warm for a day. But set fire to him and he will be warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett
Posted Image Comprehensive Kot Guide (March 1st 2017) | Posted Image Community Wish List | Posted Image Base Default Trap Database | Posted Image @alucen

#9 ZavierRogers

ZavierRogers

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:57 PM

i just want new bases. maybe ill go make some up and youll see a post from me here soon  :P

#10 xitooner

xitooner

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:18 PM

Ah, I didn't consider the spin direction of the blue guards. Good point.

I think being able to reverse the spinners AND being able to reverse the doors would both be wonderful options!  Both would add new configurations to the dungeons.

Either this... or being able to "flip" the entire dungeon layout on its horz or vert axis.  (In other words, if you dont let me reverse the door, then let me reverse the whole dang dungeon) (dooh, Fezzik already said this, nevermind...) :D

Edited by xitooner, 08 March 2017 - 11:21 PM.

#11 NotANewb

NotANewb

I am so unlucky, if I bought a cemetery, people will stop dying

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • LocationIn the Milky Way, In the Solar System, On Earth, In North America, In Canada, in B.C., but I can not tell you any more

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:51 AM

Some path dependent jumps are possible from right to left, but not left to right, and vice versa.

Really, which ones?

Rvauki6.png

Compliments to OnProch97

#12 Fezzik

Fezzik

Giant

• Elder Watcher
  • 1052 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:53 AM

Really, which ones?

This one comes to mind:

PZEg9ux.gif

#13 Linkblade

Linkblade

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 12:24 PM

I absolutely rate up this idea of turning the door option! I also had this idea recently and it turns out it's already in this forum for over 2 years and still hasn't made it into the game yet. That's really sad. I wonder why the devs don't do it. I guess it's against the simplicity of the game design and the same reason why the blue spinner can't be turned around. A raider could not rely on the usual behaviour of things anymore and would have to look closely before raiding a dungeon. I mean, you already HAVE to look closely how to beat the dungeon before starting the raid. In my opinion there's not much extended looking needed if this idea would be realized. It just needed to be made clear in which direction you start, e.g. like already stated with a flashing arrow.

Especially dungeons with a death pit would benefit from a left door, because you could build new paths not possible before.

#14 phantom darkrai 456

phantom darkrai 456

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...Inactive probably...

Posted 04 September 2019 - 09:14 PM

Almost a month late, but

+1

gwUm1wq.png

OnProch97's brilliant work

http://forum.kingoft...1080-onproch97/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users